Part 24

As Lucy tried to lift her left arm, she found she couldn't. She looked down at it curiously, and saw that there was some sort of wire going into her arm and the other end was attached to a complicated, expensive looking machine. Her eyes opened in horror and shock. She tried to scream but only a strangled, harsh sound came out.

Rose's eyelids fluttered open and she woke up. Immediately, she stood up and ran over to Lucy. She wrapped her arms around her and softly whispered in her ear.

"It's alright Lucy. It's alright." She felt Lucy move slightly, and when she stood back up, she caught Lucy's smile but gave an even bigger one in return.

Picking up the blankets off the floor, Lucy shook her head slightly when Rose offered to put them back on her so instead she hung them up on the windowsill. Rose studied Lucy's face, searching for any sign of happiness or relief, but all she saw was pain. She gave Lucy a small wave and smile, and left the room.

Lavika, who was waiting outside, embraced Rose as she came out. Rose couldn't stand hospitals, and seeing a close friend in that state must have been heartbreaking. Rose's eyes were cloudy with tears, and she sprinted down the long hallways away from Lavika and Lucy. Lavika knew she hated people seeing her crying, so she didn't attempt to chase her. She wouldn't be fast enough anyway.

Rose sprinted down several long hallways in the huge hospital. Before she knew it, she was lost. Rose turned around and tried to retrace her steps, but it was hopeless. Hot tears threatened to spill over, and she started running again. What she didn't see was that the nurse who looked after Lucy, was coming around the corner. Rose ran straight into her, and the nurse stumbled and fell backwards, dropping all of the organised papers she was carrying.

"I am so sorry, " Rose said quickly, her eyes full of fear. "Are you all right? "

Lucy felt a lot of things. First of all, she felt pain. Second, she felt a bit light headed from all the medicine and drugs being pumped into her arm. Maybe she was in a hospital after all? But thirdly, there was anger and sadness. Rose had hurried out of the room so quickly. She had barely been in there 5 minutes, and Lucy was desperate for company aside from the nurses who checked upon her at regular intervals. The loneliness was driving her insane.

"Erm, yes, I am, thank you," replied the nurse. "But are you?"

Rose nodded thankfully, and carefully stepped around the nurse after helping her pick up her papers. What she didn't see was the step, which she then tumbled down and knocked her head on the sharp corner of the wall. She fainted on the spot.

When the nurse stepped round the corner, a horrific sight met her eyes. It looked like something out of a murder scene! The girl was lying unconscious, in a pool of dark liquid. One of her arms was swollen, and her right leg was twisted in an unnatural angle and position. Her chest seemed very still, and her breathing was shallow and rapid and rattled in her chest. It sounded like any second now could be her last.

The nurse didn't recognise her at first, but when she got closer and examined the girl's face, she realised, with a wave of horror and guilt, who the unconscious figure was.

Okayy hiii again lol
I'm running out of questions, any ideas for future chapters?
But for now, what's your fave colour?
I like black and silver.