Chapter 4: Where am I...? (REMAKE)

Cube woke up, groaning a little.
Once she adjusted to her environment, she found herself in a polished bedroom. Her broken arm was put in a cast as well…

Lycanthropy must've helped her…
Cube sighed, slowly getting off of the bed. She looked around the room.

It looked like any other ordinary bedroom in Paradise, except in dark shades of pink. How strange…

In a drawer, Cube found a neatly wrapped chocolate bar. She gulped, hesitating, then unwrapped the bar and took a bite.

It… tasted good. Oddly spicy, but still edible.
She sighed in relief, then went to leave the bedroom… only to find out that the door was locked.

Cube panicked again, desperately trying to open the door and panicking even more once she finally realized that Cyan wasn't by her side.

Several thoughts filled her head. Did Cyan get harmed? What's going to happen to her?
What happened to Paradise…?

An hour had passed.
Cube had given up, laying down on the bed again. Her tired eyes were able to close, but then she jumped up once she heard the door unlock.

She finally left the bedroom, heading to the kitchen first. Once she arrived, Barracuda, Blixer, and Lycanthropy were there, monstrous, talking to each other.

Cube froze. "H… huh?"

They stopped what they were doing and then stared at her.
The silence felt like it lasted for an eternity until someone finally began to speak.

"Please don't scream!" Lycanthropy said. Her voice was distorted and almost unintelligible.

"What…" Cube was nearly petrified.

"We won't hurt you!"

"What are you… saying…?"

Lycanthropy looked down for a moment, then coughed a little. "I-Is this better?"

Cube nodded. "Uh… where's Cyan?"

"He attacked us, so we locked him in that room over there…" Blixer said, unhinging his jaw every time he spoke. His rows of sharp teeth made Cube shiver.

Barracuda was melting on a chair, his face tear-stained. "You're… you're oddly calm about all of this…"

"Cuda! Are you… Are you feeling better now?"

"Not quite… I'm… still in high amounts of pain…"

"Oh…" Cube looked away sadly. "I'm sorry…"

"It's… fine… you should go… see Cyan now…"

Cube nodded, heading to the room Blixer said Cyan was in. Once she opened the door, the entire room was a mess with a yelling Cyan.

"That piece of… Ah! Cube!" Cyan flew over to her, hugging her tightly.

Cube flinched, but hugged back. "Hey, Cyan…"

"How'd you get past them?! Everyone's turned into mindless monsters!"

"They're not mindless at all…! They're still the same, they just… look different… Now, I want you to say sorry to them!"

Cyan sighed. "If you say so, Guardian…"

They both left the room, returning to the kitchen again.

"We're back!" Cube announced.

Cyan was clung to her arm. "Sorry…"

Lycanthropy sighed. "It's fine, just don't be a jerk again."

Cube couldn't help but wonder what happened to all of those dancing plants… they had fallen here as well…

"Thanks for bringing me here, guys…"

Blixer nodded. "No problem! It took a while to find a house in this place…"

"This… looks like a… decayed version of… Paradise… and… everything is… much darker…" Barracuda tapped his moist finger on the table. "Even the sea is pitch black…"

Cube began to violently shake. "Do you… do you think it's a new corruption?"

"Most likely…. Someone… must've created… that hole… and this… horrid version of Paradise…"

Cube shook more. "W-Who would do something so awful…?"

Lycanthropy got up and approached her, comforting her with her many limbs. "Please don't cry! We'll get out of here, one way or another!"

"H-How come nobody's seen the other heroes…?" Cube sobbed more.

Cyan began to panic. "Yeah! Where are they?! They're goners without me!"

Barracuda sighed. "Everyone, calm down… panicking… won't do anything for us…"

Cube sniffled. "You're right… I'm gonna go look for who did this!"

Cyan nodded. "Yeah, me too! I can't just let this happen! But first, I gotta eat something… I'm hungry."

"