Chapter 9: Happiness

cyan..
cyan!!
cyAN
Cube: CYAN!!
Cyan: AAaAH!! what?? what?!
Cube: The pie is done!
Cyan: OH! okay!
Cyan jumped out of the bed and instantly tripped and fell.
Cyan: OWWW!
Cube: i-i don't think it's smart to jump off a b-bed..
None of the things he did in this entire wattpad story made sense.
Cyan: I know..
Cyan floats up and him and cube walks out of the bedroom and to the kitchen, everyone else is there and the pie looks DELICIOUS!
wait...
Cuda, Blixer, and Lycan looks more normal now..
Lycan: Cube! I didn't know you were good at cooking! Normally boss cooks..
Cuda: We..should.just..eat..
They sound more normal too..
Cyan tried to figure this out in his head..
The more they bond with them the more normal they get!
That's it!
Well..
Cyan shuts himself up and eats the pie.
oh my god.
this is good
Cyan: Cube! This is delicious! Good job!
Cube: th-thanks! She gives a small smile.
They all eat the pie, this is the first time they were genuinely happy.
Just.. Eating together.
...
Soon they were done eating, they ate up the entire pie. Cube was surprised it was that good.
Cube: ...
Cube: huh?
Cube: I'm g-going to the bathroom.
Cyan: oh, uhh, okay.
Cube goes to the bathroom and looks at her arm, it's normal?! No blood? No stings? Is this magic? That corruption probably healed it.
She didn't know if she should be creeped out or happy.
Well, she choose happy.
She doesn't want ANYTHING bad happening today..
TIME SKIP: NIGHT
After Cyan told everyone goodnight he was about to go to sleep, but..
knock knock knock
Oh no.
Cyan ain't got time for this shit especially at night.
...
He goes to the door anyways.
The knocking continues, he opens the door..
Cyan: Who are y-!!!!
....
.....
This continues in next chapter-

REMAKE

Cyan had ended up falling back asleep after waiting for so long. Suddenly, he found himself in Paradise, except it was colored in black and white.
There was light static in his ears, and there was no sun, only darkness.

"Huh? What the…" Cyan looked around. "Hello?"

There seemed to be nobody around—only empty buildings and monochrome trees.
But, one thing caught his eye.

It was the Tree of Life! But instead of it being a precious blue, it was pitch-black.

Cyan rubbed his eyes. "Eh…?"

"Do you like what you see?"

Cyan flinched at the deep voice, turning around. "Ah!"

A tall, muscular shadow shape was standing behind him, his head a spiked hexagon. "The Tree of Life is much better this way, don't you think?"

Cyan summoned his sword, stepping back. "Get away from me!"

The shape chuckled darkly. "Oh, Cyan, we both know that's not going to work…"

Suddenly, black tentacles grabbed Cyan, squeezing him tightly.

He gasped, weakly struggling. "What are you?! What do you want?!"

"Isn't it obvious? I'm the Shadow Shape… the Bringer of Darkness…" He grinned devilishly. "You've done so much to help me, I should be thanking you…"

"Sh… Shut up!" Cyan struggled more, groaning. "You're just something I made up in my head!"

"What an interesting theory… Keep thinking that."

Cyan felt a tentacle wrap around his neck and slowly squeeze it. He began to panic, hyperventilating.

Everything felt so… real.

The Shadow Shape laughed. "What's wrong? Is this nightmare becoming too much for you?"

Cyan looked up at the black sky, gasping for air. His struggle stopped and everything went dark.

Cube burst into the room, smiling. "Dinner's ready!" She waved her arms up and down.

Cyan yelled as he jumped up, instinctively caressing his neck.
He breathed heavily, sweating.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh, nothing… I'll be there in a second…"

Arriving at the kitchen, the delicious smell of food was present. Cyan smiled weakly and sat down. "Wow, looks good…"

"Thank you! Lycan helped me a lot…" Cube sat down as well.

Lycanthropy blushed, giggling awkwardly. "Well, I didn't really do much…"

"Finally, everyone's here!" Blixer licked his lips. "Let's eat!"

As everyone began to eat their portions, Cyan was still thinking about the dream he had. As much as he wanted to focus on what was currently happening, he couldn't help but hear the mysterious shape's laughter deep in his head…

"Cyan? Are you… alright?" Barracuda asked. Being mostly liquid, he couldn't eat properly.

"Oh, yeah…" Cyan picked up his fork. "I'm fine."

It was soon midnight.
Everyone was in a room, sleeping—everyone but Cyan.

Cyan was awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt oddly alert.

"Are you scared?"

Cyan yelped, summoning his sword. He looked around, looking for the source of the voice, yet nobody was there.
He shuddered, even more alert.

Knock, knock, knock.

Cyan froze. Someone was outside the house…
He slowly and quietly got up, then left his room, heading to the living room.

The knocking continued. Cyan gulped and hesitantly unlocked the door, then opened it…