Chapter 10, Part 2: A Performance

A square in dark jester attire was standing on the ceiling, giggling with one leg in the air. "Y'know, I didn't expect visitors! Or should I say intruders? Either way, this is an exciting moment!"

Jade stared at him. "... And who the hell are you?"

"Hmm? Oh! Where are my manners? I'm Whimsy! Whimsy the Jester!" He giggled. "And you two are heroes, correct?"

"Uh, yeah…?" Gold responded nervously.
Somehow, this guy seemed so familiar…

"Ooh, this is just so, so exciting!" Whimsy smiled widely. "But enough about that, what business do you two have with Mr. Shadow?"

Jade shuddered. So he is real…

"We're looking for him so we can beat him up and get this place back to normal!" Gold shouted. "And you won't stop us!"

"Oh? Ohohoho! You heroes are so funny! But I'm afraid you won't land a single finger on him." Whimsy snapped his fingers, summoning shape projectiles and shadow animals. "Come on, everyone! Let's dance!" He pointed his finger at the two heroes.

"Alright, bring it on!" Jade whipped out his battleaxe.

Gold nodded and pulled out his battlehammer.

Whimsy laughed maniacally as they fought, watching the animals bite and scratch at the dodging heroes.

Meanwhile, Cyan, Trian, and Cube were still walking forward in the woods.

"I can feel it… it's close…!" Cube began to sprint. "Guys, come on!"

"Ah, got it!" Cyan quickened his pace.

Once they arrived at where the tree was, the path was blocked with withered trees.
It was exactly how Cyan described it in his dream: corrupted with dripping darkness.

Cube's body went limp, staring blankly at the Tree of Life

Cube's body went limp, staring blankly at the Tree of Life. "H… huh…"

Cyan's breathing quickened. "So… So it's all real then… He… he entered my mind… and…" He held his shoulders, shaking.

Trian noticed Cyan panicking and went over to comfort him. Cube was too focused on the tree to notice.

"Ahaha, you fools…"

Cyan froze entirely at the familiar voice.

In the blink of an eye, the supposed Tree of Life was gone, and only Shadow Shape stood, grinning. "Did you really think I'd just leave it there?"

Cube gasped and took a few steps back, shivering. How could he trick her magic?!

"Holy shit!" Trian yelled.

Shadow Shape turned to the petrified Cyan, laughing more. "What's the matter? Haven't you done this before?"

Trian summoned his spears. "Leave him alone, you piece of shit!"