Chapter 15: My Regrets

Authors Note: I promise the next one won't take 3 months. I was focused on other fandoms for a while and learning on writing a fight scene, so my apologies for the delay!

With a battle cry, Dot lunged himself at the shadow beast with his mighty sword of light, pure anger present in his voice. His attack was quickly blocked by the blade of darkness, then it escalated from there. Shadow Shape kept his devilish grin as they both attempted to land blows on each other. Dot's adrenaline was pumping, as this was his last chance to fully redeem himself.

The pure shape glanced at Cyan, who was still there, watching the battle in abject shock. Dot's hand began to glow, and a bright portal formed for the hero to escape the dimension that Shadow had trapped him in. Once Cyan recovered, he took the hint and ran off, making the portal automatically close.

Dot's eyes went fully white as he casted a spell to blind the beast with light-Shadow Shape snarled in displeasure as Dot finally struck him with his sword, but before the smaller shape could land another blow, he was grabbed by the wrist and slammed onto the ground.

Dot gasped, the spell subsiding, but he quickly recovered as he summoned more swords to be thrown at Shadow Shape. The beast dodged swiftly despite his injuries, and snapped his fingers, making Dot unable to see through the darkness.

Shadow Shape's grin returned as he took the chance to slice Dot in the torso, then arm. Dot let out pained grunts and whimpers before finally creating a shield to prevent any more attacks.
He could feel himself losing blood, but he couldn't lose, not so quickly.

He wasn't sure how long he could keep up his magic...

On the other hand, Shadow Shape chuckled, his countless taunts ringing in Dot's ears as he continued to damage the shield with projectiles. Once the barrier shattered into pieces, Dot decided to fly a certain distance, barely avoiding the shadow limbs trying to grab at him.

The beast grinned, his adrenaline making him take the bait as he lunged forward, only for his swinging arm to be caught by bright light. Though, his mere strength alone made Dot's magic flicker as the pure shape desperately tried to prevent the blow.

Shadow Shape had a look of frustration for a moment, but it was quickly replaced with his vicious grin as he decided to use his other arm instead-he slammed his fist deep into Dot's gut, knocking the air out of the smaller shape.

Dot was knocked back a few feet, hitting the black ground with a harsh echo. The wounds in his torso worsened as the blood poured out quicker-he cursed under his breath as he tried to cover it with his torn scarf. He was unable to heal after using it so much, so this was the best he could do.

He didn't want to admit it, but he was losing in many ways.
Losing the fight, losing his magic, losing blood...

He went through so much hardship, so much pain, so much pure, unbridled fear. He couldn't die now, with the fate of Paradise in his hands-or worse, get corrupted again, and be forced to transform back into that monstrous beast.

He tried to pull himself up, but was immediately pushed back down by Shadow Shape's foot, keeping him in place.

His derogatory laughter only worsened the shame and pain Dot was feeling, his voice dripping with venom.

"How pathetic, a shape with the power to bring light is still a shape, and like the rest of them, you're fragile." He chuckled, continuing further when the smaller shape couldn't muster up anything to retaliate. "Easily breakable..."

Dot couldn't help but sob, despair setting in as he felt his demise inching closer and closer. His mind reflected back on back when things were pure.
He wasn't a city shape-he resided in the rural parts of Paradise, finding it more peaceful and quiet.