Chapter 10, Part 1: A Surprise. (REMAKE)

Suddenly, Trian jumped on Cyan and hugged him. "Cyan!"

Gold hopped in, full of energy. "We were looking everywhere for you!"

Jade was beside Gold, rubbing his arm. "Yeah... we were really worried."

Cyan couldn't believe his eyes. It was the other heroes!

Trian gave Cyan some kisses on the face, and then a kiss on the lips. Cyan kissed back, crying tears of joy.

"You guys are alive!" Cyan said, ecstatic. "We're all together now!"

Gold nodded, smiling. "Yeah!"

Jade threw himself onto the couch, sighing in relief. "It feels so good to get some rest after so many obstacles..."

"Yeah, it was rough, but it was all worth it to see you again!" Trian finally got off Cyan, dusting his sweater. "By the way, the others are here, right?"

Cyan nodded. "Yeah... I'll tell you everything tomorrow." He yawned.

"Got it..." Jade laid down on the couch. "I'll sleep here..."

"Where am I sleeping?" Gold asked.

"Well, there's one spare bedroom over there." Cyan pointed.

"Got it! I'll be in there then!" Gold began to walk away. "Goodnight!"

Trian looked at Cyan. "I'm sleeping with you, right?"

"Yeah, obviously!" Cyan pecked him on the cheek. "I love you..."

"I love you too..."

It was morning. Cyan had told the other heroes what had happened so far. He had also announced the others of their presence.

Now that all four heroes were present, everything seemed a bit less tense.
The tranquility only lasted for a moment.

Lycanthropy groaned. "We're running out of snacks!"

Barracuda sighed. "Don't... eat too much... we're limited on food..."

"All the water outside doesn't look that safe to drink..." Gold shivered. "The only pure water is in the fridge..."

"All the other houses we found here looked too broken down to move into..." Blixer added. "I think I heard some growling in some of 'em as well."

Cube was staring down at the table. "So... you're saying that we don't have much time?"

Barracuda nodded. "We need to... find a way... to get rid of this new corruption..."

"So... Do any of us have a plan?" Blixer asked.

Cube thought for a moment. "No... I can't really think of anything at all..."

The others nodded in agreement, causing Cube to panic a little.
Are they going to die here? With no information of who might've caused this?

Cyan noticed everyone's panic and felt a little guilty.
He finally built up the courage to tell everyone about the strange dream he had...

"Hey, can I tell you guys about something?"

Everyone snapped out of their thoughts and looked at him. "Hm?"

Cyan sighed. "It's this... nightmare I had. I was in this black and white Paradise, and... I saw the Tree of Life, but it was pitch-black... then... I saw this other guy, then he attacked me... that's all, I think..." He shivered, visualizing everything again. "I sometimes hear his voice..."

"That sounds... too similar... to our current situation..." Barracuda slid over to him. "Do you think... that your subconscious... is being tampered with by this unknown shape?"