Chapter 12: Chaos and Uncorruption (REMAKE)

Cube was staring at the ceiling blankly, laying down on her bed. She felt a cold presence every now and then, making her shiver.

She also began to hallucinate sometimes, from seeing things that weren't really there to hearing strange, unfamiliar voices.

She wondered how Heli and Ship were doing, as she hadn't seen them at all…
She hoped they weren't killed, or worse...

Cube felt completely powerless, her memories of the normal Paradise were already beginning to become hazy…

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door, making her jump up and snap out of her thoughts.
Opening it, Lycanthropy was there. "Hey…"

"Oh…" Cube sighed. "Hello…"

"I know you're not doing so well, so I wanted to make you feel a little better…"

Cube nodded, smiling ever so faintly. "Come in…"
After a moment, Lycanthropy was sitting beside Cube on her bed.

"So, um… You talked to Jade, right?"

"Mhm… I'm… concerned about his mental health…" The triangles above Cube's head lowered.

"I can tell… Well, if anything happens, just know that I love you a bunch…"

Cube blushed a bittersweet red. "I love you too…" She gave her a kiss on the lips, closing her eyes.

Lycanthropy felt joy, being with her lover like this, however, she felt like her mind was in a downward spiral…
She was having more and more violent thoughts as time passed, like she was turning into an actual monster…

Cube broke the kiss. "What's wrong?"

"Ah, uh, nothing…" Lycanthropy got up.

"Wait, you're leaving already…?"

"I'll be back! Just gotta clear my mind a bit…"

Lycanthropy left the room, and Cube was alone once again.

Jade was laying on the ground, still holding the lifeless, decapitated head. The smell of flesh rotting didn't bother him anymore.
He just couldn't believe it—he couldn't believe that Gold could die so easily, after all the battles and obstacles he's gone through all these years…

He had been giving cold, short responses to his friends' worries and advice, desperately clinging onto his delusion. Whenever he spoke to the head, it'd respond back, and as time passed, its messages became more and more deprecating.

Jade was staring blankly at the ceiling. He ignored the growling of his stomach and the dryness in his throat as the memories kept repeating in his head.

Cyan was in his room with Trian, drinking a cup of coffee.

Trian was sitting on the bed, his head buried in his hands.  "Cyan… I'm scared…"

"I know." Cyan sighed out between gulps. "We all are."

"What if Cube is next? What if I'm next…?"

"Don't think that." Cyan interrupted. "Fear will only make things worse…"

Trian looked up at him. "Why are you so calm about this?"

Silence filled the air for a moment. Then, Cyan slammed his coffee cup down and stood up, facing him. "Didn't you hear what I just said?! Being scared feeds him! It makes him stronger… I can't let that happen anymore…" He began to tremble, holding himself. "I can't be afraid anymore…"

He hated being so vulnerable like this, he had an image to uphold—Cyan, the fearless leader of the four heroes, unafraid to do anything—but he's lost so much already…