Chapter 6: Plants...? (REMAKE)

Cyan took a deep breath before entering the room. Cube was sitting on her bed, staring at the floor.

"Hey… Cube?"

"What is it…?"

"Sorry if I made you mad again…"

Cube turned to him. "... Do you think I'm crazy?"

"Woah, of course not! The Cube I know wouldn't lose her mind this quickly!"

Cube sighed, standing up. Then, she went over to Cyan and aggressively grabbed his hand.

Cyan felt a little scared now. "Hey, no hard feelings, right?"

Cube didn't respond, dragging him out of the room and heading towards the basement door again. It was there again.

Once they arrived, the plant amalgamation was still there, but it seemed to be sleeping, whining every now and then.

"Holy shit!" Cyan shouted, causing Cube to cover his mouth.

"Be quiet…! They're… they're sleeping now…"

"Mhm…" Cyan gently took Cube's hand off his face. "I… I believe you now…"

Cube walked away from him, approaching the amalgamation. She hesitantly placed a hand on one of its heads, caressing it.

To her satisfaction, it made a small purring noise.

Cyan looked at her for a moment before silently walking out of the basement. Cube continued to pet the sleeping creature.

Cyan arrived at a random bedroom, sighing and throwing himself onto the bed. He thought to himself, feeling guilty.

Maybe… if he hadn't approached that hole… none of this would've happened? He didn't even know if the other heroes were still alive…

He shuddered, trying not to think about that for too long…
He was beginning to close his invisible eyes, then they shot back open once he heard a deep growl.

"What the…?" Cyan groaned a little in pain.

In the blink of an eye, a shadow creature was on top of him, its claws dug into his sides.

Cyan didn't even have time to react properly before getting struck with darkness.