Chapter 5: ... (REMAKE)

As Cube explored outside the house, Cyan had gotten himself some instant noodles.
"Sweet…" Cyan licked his lips, going over to the microwave… only to realize that it couldn't be turned on.

He sighed in frustration. Seems like he's going to eat it raw then…

Meanwhile, Cube hadn't found any signs of life outside the house. Her legs were beginning to ache, so she went back inside.

As Cube made her way towards her room, she noticed a door that led to the basement. Was that here before…?

Nonetheless, her curiosity took over as she approached the basement. Each step down made her feel colder and colder…

Once Cube reached the bottom, what she was was shocking.
The plants were there, but they merged with each other painfully, groaning and immobile.

Black goop came out of their mouths and eyes as they moaned in agony.

Cube took a step back, and then ran out, crying. She threw herself out of the basement and sprinted into the kitchen. "Guys!"

Blixer flinched. "What?!"

Cube was shaking, stuttering and stumbling over her words. "In the basement!"

"What basement?" Lycanthropy asked.

Cube pointed to where she saw the door. "Over there, please help!"

Once they looked to where she was pointing, there was only a blank wall.

"Huh… but… but I could've sworn there was a…"

Cyan looked rather worried, his mouth filled with uncooked noodles. "Cube, I think you need some rest…"

Cube shook even more—she opened her mouth like she was about to speak, then ran off to her room.

Cyan gulped. "Uh… is she mad at me again?"

Blixer leaned on his shoulder. "Probably."

"Shit…"

"Well, what're you waiting for?! Cheer her up!" Lycanthropy shouted.

"Okay, okay!" Cyan made his way towards Cube's room.