Kid x Reader

AN: This one shot was ONLY made because I found this picture. That is all. Sorry if it's not the best but I regret nada~

~

    Slithering through the shadows of the dark halls inside the marine base, it was your personal mission to infiltrate the safe where gold and treasure were rumored to live. You thought worse case scenario, you just leave. You were quite stealthy and knew how to time your movements and attacks. You'd also like to think you were cool, calm and collected under pressure when it came to on the spot decisions as well. No one had ever told you otherwise anyways.

     You hid in a tiny custodial closet as you saw two men coming out from the room that the safe was supposed to be held in.

     "Being cuffed, he's not that scary!"
     "Yeah right! I saw you fall back when he shifted in his chair!" The two men laughed as they walked away, weapons lazily tossed over their shoulders, probably off to continue doing their rounds on this floor of the building.

     'The hell were they going on about?' Deciding you probably didn't care, you shrugged it off and made your way to the door the men left from. It's the only room you have not entered.

     "Let's hope there's at least one thing I could take from this god damn place." You quietly opened the door and entered the poorly lit room. Your back was facing it as you tried your best to shut the door without any noises, creaking or clicking.

     Celebrating in silence of the door shutting quietly, you slowly turned to look around and immediately had your eyes land on a rather large man chained to a chair, bloody and beaten.

     You walked closer with caution to get a better look at the man. The moon wasn't helping with lighting nor was the dying light in the room.

     "Well I'll be damned." He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at you, as his head was hanging from exhaustion.

     "You're not exactly gold but you are something interesting." He only stared. Eyes blank and tired. You lifted his chin up with your fingers gently and scanned his face. He quickly pulled away and gave a low growl, a poor attempt in threatening you and failing at words.

     "Eustass 'Captain' Kid." He looked like he took quite a beating. He was cuffed by sea prism stone chains as well.

     "Listen, do you think you could walk if I got you out of these?" He gave a weak chuckle and looked up at you once more.

     "These aren't regular chains..."
     "I'm aware." You dipped your hand in your pouch and pulled out a ring of keys. He flashed you a smirk before coughing up blood.

     "You poor bastard. Let me get you out of here and-" You had scanned the room quickly to see if there was a rag or something to help clean him up but instead you found the very safe you came in the building for. Your heart raced as you walked to the safe slowly, almost in disbelief. Mild rattling was heard from Kid, earning major attitude from the pirate.

     "Oi, get me out of here!"
     "Shhhh, shut the hell up!" You whispered as you placed your hand over his busted mouth. He went to bite you but you pulled away.

     "You're not giving me good reasons to release you if I'm gonna be honest."
     "If you don't get me out of here I will kill you slowly." You watched the injured man flail but just barely move in the chair.

     "Do you know what 'persuade' means?" Footsteps were soon heard from down the hall, alongside some chatter. Those men are probably back.

     "Listen, I came here for the gold and treasure in that safe over there. I'll get you out but just give me a second."
     "It takes a second to get me out." He didn't necessarily yell but he was not being quiet.