Cracker x Reader

Daisies gently rustling in the wind as the summer breeze blew the field of flowers. His orchid locks swirled a bit against the short grass as he laid against it, basking in the sweet seasonal scents of oranges and peonies. A day off earned and he was relaxing the best way he could.

     "Cracker?" Oh what a mellifluous voice she had. Like creamy silk that wrapped around his heart every time she spoke his name. It always held such love.

     Light steps slowly came closer to his laying body, looking at him with the sweetest smile he had ever seen.

     "May I join you?" Was that even a question?

     He was so comfortable that all he could really do was smirk up at the woman.

     Taking his invitation, she laid next to his body on top of the soft grass. Her body close to his as she watched the clouds with him. Different shapes and sizes were scattered across the powder blue sky. Like white cotton candy above them.

     "That one looks like a donut." He knew exactly which one she was talking about. A chuckle escaped his lips as he tiredly nodded.

     "Maybe Katakuri should've joined us, he would've liked cloud gazing." A smile drew on her lips as she turned to face her husband of 3 years.

     His handsome face continued to watch the clouds above them. She brought her hand to his face, gently touching his cheek. Her touch caught him a bit by surprise but he turned his head and kissed her hand.

     "Cracker..."
     "Hm?" His whole body turned to face her. She now had a better look at the man she agreed to marry. What an immaculate body. What a handsome face. What a gentle stare.

     "Sometimes, I feel I am the luckiest girl in the world when I'm with you, you know that?" His large hand brushed a few strands away from her face, having her cheeks paint a soft cherry shade.

     "I do now." Snuggling against his chest, she could help but giggle. The scent of fresh baked bread and lavender emitted off of his body. His natural scent was intoxicating and it drove her to have butterflies. Such a unique smell. She loved it.

     Birds chirping and the sound of his breathing eased her body, allowing sleep to overcome her. A small nap shouldn't hurt.

     Cracker on the other hand had the need for sleep leave his body. He was too much in his thoughts. All he could think about was the first time she said those three words to him.

.
.
.

     "You must see a doctor." His voice was intimidating and scared her a bit but she didn't falter her soft glare toward him.

     "I'm okay, I promise." Her weak voice made him upset. He has had enough of her lying to him about her well being. Truth is, he had been very busy lately and now that he was finally home, he had seen how ill his wife actually was. Vomiting first thing in the morning, almost after every meal and even after naps. Her emotions have been a little too much for him to handle as well and it intimidated him more than he'd like to admit.

     He left her in bed, feeling nauseated and sad as he went to fetch a doctor.

~

     Crossed leg and staring intently at the older doctor examining his wife, the man sighed and removed his glasses.

     "Well, there isn't really a problem." His old wrinkled face looked up at the Charlotte and gave a small smile.

     "Congratulations, you're both going to be parents." The doctor excused himself immediately to give the two privacy.

     The silence ate (Y/N), wondering how Cracker would react to such news. A busy man meant he had a busy schedule.

     "Cracker?" Barely a whisper but was still heard. Her husband looked up at her and smiled widely, eyes filled with excitement and anticipation.

     "Did you hear that? We're gonna be parents, (Y/N). Aren't you excited?" His flushed cheeks and smile made her heart swell. Tears streamed down her face as he approached her rapidly, captivating her in the warmest embrace she had ever felt from him.

     "I love you..." His heart raced hearing those words from her mouth. Like a hot arrow shooting into his chest from Cupid himself.

     "I-I love you too!"

.
.
.

     "I think it's time we check on the baby." He snapped back and looked down at you. Sleep clouded your eyes as you yawned and pushed yourself away from his broad chest. He watched as you stretched your body before standing up and looking back down at him.

     "Are you just going to stare or are you going to come check on your son with me?"
    "I just couldn't help but admire the beauty before me." You placed both hands over your hot cheeks in attempt to hide your face from him.

     "You're too kind to me."

     He followed behind silently as the two of you entered the large bedroom of your child.

     Stuffed animals of all sizes piled in one corner of the room, all gifted from his aunts and uncles. His favorite seemed to have been a large teddy bear that reminded him of his dear uncle Katakuri.

     Peaking closer into the dark wooded crib, he laid silently, still sleeping. His small yet chubby body rested on plush blue and beige blankets that had different patterns on each of them. Some of candy, some of pinstripes and some of little biscuits.

     His little footed pajamas were your favorite. It was hooded and was of a little brown bear.

     This was the first Cracker had seen his son in the pajamas, as they were new, and he gushed over them almost immediately. Hushing the tall man, you placed a hand gently on his abdomen as you waved your hand gently, motioning him to lower his voice. He nodded but looked back at the perfect bundle of joy.

     "He looks so peaceful."
     "Until he wakes up. He's as destructive as you." A proud smile slithered on his lips. Of course he wanted him chaotic just like him. It wasn't a surprise to you, however, it added to his charm.

     Cracker was smart and strong, no doubt your son would take after him.

     "Let's go before he wakes up." Before you could exit the room, he lifted you from the ground, causing you to gasp and squeak.

     He lead you to your shared bedroom and placed you down gently on the silky amethyst sheets.

     "We have more time to nap ourselves."

     Cuddling with Cracker once more, you thought about the future and your son growing up. He would be a strong man sooner or later and eventually, he will let you know what he wants to do with his life. Knowing all too well he wouldn't stay at home with you and Cracker, you were thinking about mentioning more children to Cracker, however, you knew what his answer would be if you had.

     "What's wrong?" He placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

     "Well... just thinking."
     "About what?"
     "Just, I feel we should have another child. In the future! Not now. (C/N) is still so young and I'd like time before we have another."
     "We can start now if you'd like." You glared at him with your cherry cheeks and a pout.

     "I knew you would say that!"