Marco x Reader

AN: Hello all. Life has been life-ing and I had a couple of things in my drafts so enjoy what I got ❤️

~

     The bitterness of blood filled your mouth as you coughed and gasped for air, trying to live and fight through your injuries.

     It was so very cold and you were sure you were going to die. You didn't want to believe it, you wanted to believe that in any given moment, someone will come and get you. Anyone.

     Your vision blurred and it got silent. The chill from creeping death made you shiver helplessly.

     There was too much you wanted to do and accomplish. Why did it have to end here? The pain that was once flaring through your body disappeared as you became numb.

     A mission failed.

.
.
.

     Your eyes shot open as you gasped, sitting up from the bed your were laying on. Immense pain jolted all through your body, causing you to gasp and scream.

     The door to the room bursted open. A blonde man ran in and immediately grabbed a syringe and a vial. He pulled up drugs and quickly walked over to you.

     You slowly turned to him with tears in your eyes, scared that he was going to hurt you. His gaze made your heart skip a beat as he greeted you with a small smile.

     "This will help with the pain. I'm sorry you woke up feeling like that." As he placed the empty syringe down, you started feeling better. Just some soreness.

     "Are you okay?" You were too scared, you cowered a bit in the corner of the bed. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

     "I'm Marco. We found you with a thread of life left. I'm glad you came to my infirmary when you did cause then it would've been too late." Your body eased. How rude of you to be acting this way when he were the one who had just saved your life.

     "Are you a doctor?" Your voice was so small and a bit raspy. You wondered how long you had been out for. He gave another smile and nodded. Your face turned red at his response. He was so charming and polite.

     "Do you remember what happened before you passed out?" You thought for a moment and then had everything flood back in your head.

     "Y-Yeah... I do remember." You shifted a bit to get as comfortable as you could get before looking down at your hands.

     "I'm an assassin. I get hired to kill people. Bad people. Not petty rivals or anything like that... I must have had a better reputation than I thought cause Donquixote Doflamingo reached out to me and inquired about some guy that had apparently stolen from him and killed lots of his people from Dressrosa. Long story short, I failed and I guess it were either between my failure or me mouthing off to Doflamingo for insulting me, he tried to kill me. He laughed at me as he watched me slowly bleed out and then he said he had gotten bored and left me..." You weren't sad about it, just more weary for the future. Not that you decided to continue doing what you were doing but it really showed that you should be more on guard around new people.

     You looked up at Marco and saw he had an angry expression on his face. It startled you a bit and he quickly noticed.

     "I'm sorry. It's just that, he is a pathetic piece of trash and he doesn't deserve to be alive." It had fallen silent for just a few moments before a knock on the open door was heard. The two of you looked at the entryway and saw a couple of men.

     "Hey, you're awake!" A freckled man exclaimed as he got closer to you.

     "This is Ace. He's the one who actually found you." You looked at the man and smiled.