THREE : LIMITATION OF WAX

The question is, was it his fault or was it the fault of the craftsman?

There is always more than one side to a story.

Some say Icarus fell because of his hubris, because he didn't listen to his father, because he was too in love with the sun.

Others say it was the father's fault. Even the father, Daedalus, believes that his poor craftsmanship was the cause of his son's death.

With different narratives come different meanings, not just the change in who is to blame.

Icarus didn't fall because of his hubris, or because he was arrogant enough to think he could reach the sun. He fell in the form of freedom. He fell to finally be free of that island, to feel for the first time what real freedom is.

Maybe if Icarus hadn't gotten the wings in the first place, he wouldn't have drowned, so maybe it's true that craftsmanship was at fault.

Maybe.

Maybe - most certainly - Icarus never existed.

So maybe his story isn't about the limitations of mankind, maybe it's just a lesson about the limitations of wax as a adhesive.

'Maybe' just means that it is a possibility.

It's something you can believe in or not.

It's like trusting someone.

Maybe it will be kept or maybe not.

REFLECTION : THREE ; ────────────

───────── ; ❞ LIMITATION OF WAX ❝

"You seem distracted, Yeojin."

The named woman looked up from the crown on the pillow in front of her and at the maid.

"For two days, actually." The maid's lips formed a thin line as she leaned against the throne. "Is something on your mind? Has something happened?"

"I need something from you, Sohyun." Yeojin studied her expression carefully. "The male maiden's clothes. One of the newbies ripped his to shreds. He needs it for tonight so I thought I would get him a new one. Do you think you could do that for me?"