NINE : NEGOTIATIOR

REFLECTION : NINE ; ──────────────

T/W: BLOOD

─────────────── ; NEGOTIATOR

Choyeon stared into his dark eyes and noticed that there was something in the depths of them that was significantly different from a mere sign of life.

"Then make a deal with me," she replied, knowing that he had deliberately chosen not to mention it.

"You don't want to contemplate or something?" Minho interjected. "Don't you want to think it through to the point where you won't do it?" He asked, his hand resting on the table between Choyeon and Jay.

Not knowing if he was worried about the situation or just didn't want her here for whatever reason, she just looked at him. Maybe it was both.

Choyeon pulled the hairpin out of her hair and started to play with its tip. The previously fixed strands of hair fell back into her face, framing it. "You told me their is a way to get your power back." She looked up at Jay from the silver butterfly she held. "But need my blood to do so?"

"Yes."

"I need your power, and you need me so you can regain the power I need." She pointed with the hairpin first at him and then at herself, as if she were drawing lines with it. "The bottom line is that we are interdependent." She couldn't help but smile with satisfaction at that statement.

Choyeon leaned back, her chin slightly raised. "Let's make a deal then," her index finger tipped the surface of the table, "on paper."

The warlock looked away from her to Minho, who was already looking at him rather amused as he mouthed 'I told you so'. The corner of Jay's mouth twitched in annoyance.

"I've read enough books to know that it's not easy to deal with your kind," Choyeon went on, causing Jay to frown. "My kind?"

"Someone who exploits people by omitting details that adversely affect them — a witch," she replied, adding more annoyance to his obvious feelings.

"I don't know if it's creepy or offensive, the way she's justifying this," Hwayoung muttered to herself, attracting the attention of the boy next to her. "You know you can't whisper, right?" Minho stifled a laugh at her embarrassed face.

Choyeon leaned towards Jay, her arms resting on the table. "You have no intention of keeping your part once you regain your power."