THIRTEEN : PACT OF BLOOD

REFLECTION : THIRTEEN ; ────────────

T/W: BLOOD, SELF-HARM

───────────── ; PACT OF BLOOD

The only sound in the still night was Jay's low hiss as he cut himself. His eyes fixed on the red liquid oozing from the wound until it dripped onto the ground, into the fire. The blazing flames grew, crawling up their shadowy figures.

As Minho watched the flames burn low behind the weak warlock, his eyes pierced through the form of Jay. For milliseconds, all that remained behind him was the ash of the branches.

Minho's cat-like eyes secretly widened in recognition of Jay's true condition. Without a moment's thought, he took the dagger from the man's hand and pulled Choyeon's hand towards him, urgency in every move of his. Minho sliced into her palm, Jay's blood on the blade first colliding with hers.

She broke eye contact with the ruthless warlock. Her eyes squeezed shut in the wave of pain that hit her. Her jaw clenched, teeth pressed together. "ARE YOU MAD, YOU WICKED MANIA-"

As she subconsciously tried to withdraw her hand, she felt the older man's firm grip on her. Even when she tried, there was no release from his hold.

Instead, as Minho threw the dagger into the middle of the fire, he drew her closer to the flames. Choyeon's blood dripped down, and the entire fire turned a deep crimson red.

Minho let go of her and pulled out a piece of paper — the one written in blood, the one they had made their deal on.

"Sanguis pro veneficia." Minho began to speak, making Choyeon's head spin. "Ars magica pro homo."

Jay had to hold onto Minho's shoulder for support. The cut in his palm throbbed as if he had held it in the surrounding flames. His vision darkened for a moment before returning to Choyeon, to her hand. Which was adorned with the exact same wound, cut open yet again before it had even had time to heal properly.

"Give me your hand," Jay demanded. His breath quivered. "Lee... Lee Choyeon."

Before she could even react, Minho grabbed her hand and pulled it towards Jay's. Her face was a grimace of pain as her injured hand collided with his. She tightened her grip despite the urge to let go, to free herself from the burning sensation that was beginning to dominate her senses.

Minho continued summoning the spell. With each word following, the weak breath of air grew into a strong wind. The battle between the fierce storm and the ferocious flames began.