FOURTEEN : PAST DEATH

REFLECTION : FOURTEEN ; ───────────

───────────── ; PAST DEATH

"Minmin! Guess what~? I got y—"

The flowers in Hwayoung's hands fell to the ground. The yellow powder from their stems spread over the Mahagoni wooden floor.

Just a second after she had stood there, frozen in the doorway of the elder warlock's house, her eyes went wide with shock. She immediately ran in, almost slipping on the floor.

In front of one of the antique couches, Minho lay unconscious on the floor. His face was pale and drained of all colour, his features red-scarred, his clothes cut far more than needed. His boots were covered in mud and dead leaves, which would have decomposed by now under the heavy blanket of snow that lay outside.

"Lee Minho, don't tell me you drunk yourself to dead sleep again, I thought you were finally over it... God, damn it," she cursed, trying to wake him up. She shook his shoulders, patted his cheeks, her eyes trembling with fear. "Please don't let it be lethal, I swear I'll kill y-"

From the other side of the couch came a low groan, almost like a shot animal.

She gulped, slowly raising to look over at the other side. There were three people, two looking like corpses with cloths sloppily tied around their hands.

She frowned at the image, much more as she met the exhausted eyes of a blond haired man. "Say, Raven, did y'all have a hardcore drinking session without me? You traitors partied without me?" She felt more than offended, but inside a sense of relief — Minho hadn't been alone. "I can't believe he rejected my invitation every time but went with you."

Jun blinked his eyes in confusion, his mind blank for the first moment, and then memories hit. His being suddenly froze with his eyes wide open. "Hwa- Hwayoung, oh my God, Hwayoung, you have to help me save their lives because we- we- Minho made a- a- something- a- a magical bound, right, and they all- somehow it went completely wrong and we have to check their condition otherwise they can die and Minho- he- he is- he fell unconscious the moment we came home and I- I don't know, I-"

After Jun's awful attempt to explain things that he didn't even understand himself, she had treated all three of those involved in making the Pact, and checked on the raven who seemed to have no problems other than exhaustion and the trauma.

The two had carried Minho to one of the remaining empty sofas, and Hwayoung had covered him with a blanket after injecting him with a potion.