EIGHT : DEPENDENCIES

REFLECTION : NINE ; ──────────────

T/W: MENTION OF BLOOD

───────────── ; DEPENDENCIES

After giving her self-proclaimed rival (known as Jay) one last suspicious look, Hwayoung unintentionally lost herself in those beautiful deep dark brown cat eyes.

"Oh." She had completely forgotten why she was here, too stressed by the presence of a man whose existence she would rather not have known.

"Did you hear?" She asked, though she already knew the answer.

"I'm not deaf, so I hear a lot of things." She couldn't help but stare at him while his sarcastic smile remained. "What useless knowledge have you acquired to bring you back to this unwelcoming place?"

Before she could answer, he did. "You should seriously stop living in these cursed tea houses and wicked bars. I mean it. They are just a bad influence on your wild imagination."

"I love how concerned you are, Minmin." She smiled and patted herself on the back internally, now even more determined to live in those places.

"But hear me out. This will be interesting for you." She stepped closer to him, motioning for him to come closer as well. He licked his lips in annoyance, but followed.

"A very dangerous royal high captive is said to have escaped while the new King was getting crowned." She had meant to whisper, but in the end it came out for all four in the room to hear. "They say it must be a case of treacherous magic, because the circle of witches seems to be trying to hunt them down now."

She had expected at least some kind of reaction, but was completely disheartened by his indifferent look.

If it wasn't about him or concerned him in any way, he wouldn't be interested in it in any way.

She knew that better than anyone else. All Hwayoung needed was an excuse to see him, and eventually receive a rejection if she were to confess after she had recovered enough from the last one (Only if the moment allowed it, of course).

"Yeah, that's him." Minho motioned his chin to the black-haired guy.

"What do you mean 'that's him'?" She asked blankly, causing the other to sigh. He made her face Jay and Choyeon beside him. "The royal high captive," he pointed lazily at the warlock, "that's him."