026. founder's day

┊        ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊  ┊

┊        ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊  ┊.⋆˚
┊        ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊ ˚✧
┊        ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚➶ 。˚   ☁︎
┊        ┊       ┊   ☁︎
┊        ┊        ☪︎.
┊          ✱

FOUNDER'S DAY

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

"Good morning Mr Mayor." Rachel chimed, as Matt regained consciousness, before looking around in shock. "Rachel?! What did you do to me?!" The Donovan demanded as Rachel just laughed.

"It's just a bit of chloroform, Matty. You're fine." Rachel declared, as Matt looked around to realise that he was in the Lockwood cellar, except since the Diamonds have inherited it, Rachel had made a lot of changes to make the cellar more sturdy.

"This is kidnapping... you're holding me hostage— you could get charged and arrested for this, Rachel." Matt insisted, hoping to talk some sense into this, "Is this really what you want?"

"Oh... that won't be happening. Actually, I don't intend for you to remember any of this." Rachel said, moving her pointed finger in a circle as she spoke. "You're only being chained up so the vervain will wear off."

"My team will find me before that happens... you don't think they won't come searching when they realise that I'm gone?" Matt asked as Rachel placed her hands on her hips. "Actually no, because thanks to an email I sent on your behalf on your unlocked computer, your team think you're taking a couple days off for mental health because you're sad about little Penny Ares." The Diamond explained.

"Okay... so you thought this through....But why? What can you gain from stealing me from my office?" Matt asked, still not understanding. Rachel nodded, pulling the Gilbert watch from her pocket, "I need you to do something for me." She stated, holding it as Matt shook his head, "No, god no— besides, it's broken."