035. the night everything fell apart

┊        ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊  ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊.⋆˚
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚✧
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚➶ 。˚ ☁︎
┊ ┊ ┊ ☁︎
┊ ┊ ☪︎.
┊ ✱

THE NIGHT EVERYTHING FELL APART

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING: Heavy themes such as bad mental health, depression and suicide will be in this chapter ⚠️

━━━━━ ⋆⋅♥︎⋅⋆ ━━━━━

Deciding to try and settle in at Auclair temporarily, Tori had done some snooping and was very surprised to find a journal belonging to Kiara in a drawer that was in her office. The hybrid took it, and walked back to her dorm to see if Amelia had left behind any hair accessories to tie back her hair, as she was fed up with wearing it down in such hot weather.

Tori hoped reading her old headmistress diary may distract her from the fact that being back at this school was far from comfortable. As the Mikaelson wandered around, she kept remembering all of these things her brain had tried so hard to repress.

Looking around her dorm, she inhaled sharply when she suddenly remembered something far too dark... something she definitely wanted to remain forgotten... the day she thought she'd give up completely.

Tori was probably the only hybrid to exist, that needed a daylight ring to protect her from the sunlight. Ever since she turned into a vampire, she was surprised to find out that she even needed one, but it was all because her werewolf side had been bound to a spell.

It was at least an hour before dawn, and the Mikaelson stood by the clock tower overlooking the town, without wearing her daylight ring. Her breathing was unsteady, and tears were rolling down her cheeks as she slid down the brick wall, eventually finding herself on the ground.

Victoria was no stranger to depressive episodes. In fact they hadn't stopped since she'd lost Hayley and Klaus. Losing them also brought back memories of losing Cami, and upon being reminded that she had been so lucky to have three parents in her life only for them all to be ripped from her... the hybrid had been totally consumed by grief and was so mentally exhausted. But she hid it well, masking it with her friendly demeanour and for the most part nobody knew that she was in pain... that was except for Glen, who'd started to notice her mask had slipped over the past couple weeks since the anniversary of each of her parents deaths had passed, and the grief had become much harder to bare.