16

Yn and her father did not speak much after that. Even when he silently insisted on joining her on the floo journey. Neither knew what to say.

The emerged from the green sparks, into the sitting room at Lucinda and Phineas' home and were greeted by the owners. Phineas was sat back in an armchair, one leg crossed over the other, browsing the newspaper while sipping fire whiskeys from a crystal glass. Lucinda on the other hand was stood waiting and immediately lunged at Yn when she stepped onto the carpet. Around them house elves swarmed their legs, sweeping up the excess floo powder.

Lucinda did not stray from Yn's side an inch. "It's about time you are finally letting Yn stay with us."

Yn's father was displeased. He finished shaking Phineas' hand and turned to Lucinda. "Well, yes, she insisted. And when she insists, you can't argue with her."

"No," Lucinda squeezed Yn's shoulder warmly. "Just like her mum. And not to worry she is in good hands. We are going to have a fantastic time. So good that Yn will not want to leave. I'm so excited to show her off to everyone. Everyone is always asking about you."

Yn politely smiled at Lucinda and avoided her father's eyes.

"Not too much," he replied unable to hold back his reservations. He never wanted that. He did not want people's lecherous eyes on his daughter. They only every wanted to take. He knew they would see her as some prized possession. He was avoiding Yn's eyes too. "I'm going to get going."

"Already," Lucinda, added in surprised. Usually, Allister was reluctant to leave Yn. This raised many an alarm bell for her. If there was one thing that Lucinda was always good at it was reading in between the lines of bullshit and gossip. She had years of experience.

"Have dinner with us," Phineas interjected. He knew Lucinda, may be better than she knew herself so he saw the rain of question that would ensue. "We have some people coming over. I'm sure they would love to meet you, Ali. It's been so long since we all dined together."

"And I them," Allister replied coldly. "Unfortunately, I have a lot of work to catch up on. I only came to accompany Yn. And now that I know she is with you I will take your leave."

"Ah... we understand," Phineas concluded before Lucinda could offer her jab. "Work comes first."

Allister glanced over at Yn. "Not before family though. Yn, we will have to see about your schooling. I'll see what I can find."

Lucinda piped up. "School? What happened to the governess? What was her name?... Matilda."

But both Allister and Yn disregarded this.

"I'll just go back to Hogwarts," Yn murmured.

Allister's eyes widened. "No. Absolutely not."

"Why it's only for two years. Better than trying to find a tutor," Yn jested. "They will just leave anyway."

"Yn..." Allister groaned not ready for yet another argument.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea to me," Lucinda sensed the tension and jumped in. "Hogwarts is nearby. She can come home easily in the holiday. And we know it." Lucinda looked directly into Allister's worried eyes. "She will be safe there. She was last time."

Allister's lips dried. Lucinda wasn't wrong, Yn was safe at Hogwarts last time. But he wasn't so sure about this time. "I'll think about it."

"There's nothing to think about," Yn sighed, looking down at the ground. "I'm going back to Hogwarts," Her stomach turned while she said the words. She may have said it in the heat of the moment and was potentially regretting it. "Is it okay if I got to bed early Lucinda?"