24

Draco pulled back his fist and then with all his strength connected it with Theodore jaw. "Don't forget who you are talking to." Draco shock out his hand. "You." He jabbed his finger towards Theodore. "You are going to apologise to her."

"Am I fuck?" Theodore cried will tending to his jaw.

"Yes," Draco replied sternly. "Yes you are. Otherwise, I'm going to make life difficult for you." Then Draco looked at the other boys. "And you lot. Keep him in check. And stay out of Yn's way."

Before the boy could think to question Draco, Adrian stormed into the Common room. "Have any of you seen Yn."

"Ugh," Crabbe collapsed in a seat. "Why is everyone talking about always her." He was beginning to bet sick of hearing her name and he had only met her again her less than 72 hours ago. "She's not Gellert Grindelwald. This is like the potter thing all over again."

Adriane was taken aback and glanced at the other boys. "What am I missing?" Then he saw Theodore lurking in the corner. "Oh, shit what happened to your face."

"Why are you looking for her?" Draco barked thinking that he needed to fend off yet another insulant boy.

"I have to rework my deal with her."

"What deal?" A shadow came over Draco.

"That's between me and her."

Surely, Yn's ears were burning as she entered the common room, accompanied by Pansy.

She momentarily faltered when she saw all the heads turn to her. She glared at Theodore, between she saw the bruise forming on his jaw, her eyes slid to Draco, who had been meaningfully watching her but dropped his gaze when she caught him. "I'm going to change before dinner," she mumbled to Pansy.

"Wait Yn," Adrian jumped in front of her.

"Not now Adrian," she sighed just wanting to get away.

"Not so fast," he tutted. "I need to make sure you keep you end of the deal."

"I will," she sighed.

"Really? Then why did I see you give your broom form repair."

"Because it needs repairing."

"Well, that's convenient isn't it. But that's not what I heard. I heard you paid the repair apprentice 5 galleons to keep your broom until after next Monday."

Yn sheepishly stared at her feet. "Adrian I just really don't want to play quidditch."

"Well tough. That was the deal."

"Okay, fine whatever. Can I go now?" Yn gave in.

Adrian attempted to ruffle her hair, but she ducked out of the way.

The out of the blue, Draco stepped forward. Unlike himself, he was flustered. "Yn?" He called after her. "Can... I speak to you for a minute." He glanced around at the shocked faces, particularly Pansy's. "Alone," he emphasised.

Yn face contorted in confusion. She sensed Pansy stiffen beside her. She glanced at Pansy giving her a puzzled look.

"It's about the Arithmancy homework," Draco clarified.

This confused her more as she tried to recall if they had homework, "What Arithmancy homewo..."

Draco quickly cut her off before she can foil his set up. He takes her lightly by her harm and pulled her gently aside.

"Do we have homework I don't know about," Yn was still playing back the lesson.

"err," Draco rubbed his eyebrow with the back of his thumb. "No."

"No," she repeated. "Then what the fuck is this," she motioned between them.

"Just to say that the matter has been dealt with. They will stay out of your way."

Yn narrowed her eyes. "Is that what we owe the bruise on Nott's face to?" Yn caught Pansy stealthily looking over at them in curiosity, when she looked over Draco's shoulder. "You didn't have to do that."

"I know," he replied. "I just," he looked into Yn's eyes and he saw it. In fact, he couldn't explain what he saw. It was like her saw his whole life up until now and his future. That was it. He had already sussed out that she possessed power, but her eyes were a giveaway to him. They were overwhelmingly inviting. They could draw you in, in mere seconds, and show you your truest desires or your worst nightmares. On instinct he reached out to touch her face. That soft supple skin. As if the contact would energise him.

But Yn caught his hand before he could. "What are you doing," She whispered through clenched teeth, all too aware of the eyes on them.

"Errrr..." He was flustered again.

"I don't know why you feel a sense of responsibility towards me. But I can assure you I don't need it." And with that she dropped his hand and left.

Pansy was close behind her as they raced up the stairs and Yn knew that she was itching to ask what that was all about.

But before she could Yn decide to speak first. "Why do you fancy Draco?"

"What?" Pansy spluttered.

"Oh, come on Pans," Yn dragged a comb through her hair. She looked at Pansy through the reflection in the mirror.

"I don't know," Pansy blushed. "I don't know if I even do."

"Hmmm," Yn responded.;

"It's like, you know, I feel something just don't know what it means. But it doesn't matter, I have no idea if he even feels the same way about me."

"How would you feel if he was with someone else?" Yn began changing her robes.

"Why," Pansy shot up. "Does he?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just trying to understand. Like how are you supposed to know if someone likes you or what you're feeling means. They don't have a textbook on that."

Pansy looked at Yn thoughtfully. "No, they don't." Pansy paused. "Do you resent being kept in a bubble for four years?"

Yn straightened her fresh robes. "Yes and no. It was nice to be away from the bullshit, but I see you all sometimes and I think how nice it would have been to have a family away from you family. Anyway. Enough of that. I'm starving let's go eat before Millicent canes all the good pastries."