27

Yn groaned. It was cloudy outside. And they were grey. Rain was inevitable. She strapped her gloves tighter. She used to enjoy quidditch and flying when she was younger. Her mother, it may surprise you, was a huge fan of quidditch. So, after she passed away. Or plainly put. Was murdered. Yn found it extremely difficult to watch or play or even fly. She had attempted to attend the quidditch world cup a couple of years back, to please her father. She was hellbent on trying to convince him that she was fine. As fine as normal functioning teenager anyway.

The world cup was an astonishing experience for. She could not watch the match without her eyes becoming blurry. Her mother loved being in the stand. She would lean over the edge to get a better view and her father would laugh. From the outside people think you are the epitome of femininity. The hair. The makeup. The galas. The gowns. But I see the real you. And I love you for it. Her father would say to her mother pressing a kiss into her check making Yn cringe. But when Yn was in the stand at the world cup, she wanted nothing more than to stand shoulder to shoulder with her mother waving their flag over the balcony from their box and to critique the professionals, like they knew what they were talking about. It had made Yn want to be sick. She had to sit back, as far as she could from the edge, eyes squeezed shut, trying to imagine she was somewhere else. Even walking up to the box trailing behind her father, she had to focus on the flurry of people and didn't dare look out onto the sand.

Yet here she was, in the quidditch gear she had only bought to pacify Lucinda, never considering she would actually have any need to use it. She sat in the centre of the quidditch field in the dusty sand, tightening the laces of her boots.

She squinted up at the angry sky. The wind picked up. Her hair whipped around in the wind.

"You look good in green," Draco bellowed as he emerged from the tunnel.

Yn rolled her eyes, giving one last tug on her laces.

"Can you even play quidditch?" he jested, stepping up in front of her.

"Why are you here?" She slammed her hands down in the sand.

Draco scoffed. "I'm on the quidditch team. Of course, Adrain would invite me, otherwise how would this be entertaining." He held his hand out to Yn.

She looked from Draco to his hand. She reluctantly took it, and he helped her up from the ground. She immediately released his hand and shook the sand from her clothing. A rumble thundered from above.

"Should we really be playing," She warily fixated at the sky.

Draco assessed the sky. "Yeah, this is nothing. We've played in worse." He could tell thet Yn was anxious. "Nothing to be nervous about." And just as he said it the lightening cracked.

"Yeah, nothing to worry about," she muttered uncertainly.

"Come on BOIIIIIIIIIs," Adrian hooted, clapping his hand above his head and hollering, leading in the pack of boys behind him. "It's the birthday boy," he slung his hand over Yn shoulders. "Hello trouble." He grinned cheekily at Yn. "Listen up. Here's the score. It's a simple game. It's all about the snitch. The teams are going to be decided by this spell that Zabini had graciously cast for us after hounding Granger. The only difference is..." Adrian paused for dramatic effect, glancing at each and every one of them in the eye. "Half of each team is going to play blindfolded." Adrian winked.

Yn shrugged him off "What? Are you insane."

Adrian stumbled as Yn pulled away. "Yes," he chortled. Then he pulled Yn's cheek. "I am. But don't you worry. That's what your partner is for."

"Partner?" Blaise looked sceptically at the other participants.

"Yup. Everyone is going to be paired up. Let see how trustworthy you can all be. This is going to be hilarious." Adrian held his stomach as he laughed at the thought.