35

The Hogwarts Express was eerily silent and sombre.

Each compartment was hushed as if the carriages were deserted despite the train being rammed full with students.

Yn felt suffocated. The fidgeting around her was getting on her nerves "I'm getting some air," she announced, abruptly getting up from her seat, waiting for Daphne to shuffle over and let her out.

As Yn stepped out into the aisle, the train jolted causing her stumble and lurch forward, catching herself on the table, before she fell.

The train came to a screeching halt. The lights began to flicker.

"What the fuck is going on?" Blaise got up from his seat and peered through the door into other carriages. "The lights are playing up in all the carriages."

Yn looked over his shoulder and saw other students had begun to pop their head out of the compartment in similar confusion. But only moments later they were thrown back against the windows and through the smoke the cloaked figures emerged. Screams and shouting began to filter through the train.

"Shit," Yn muttered., taking a step closer to the door, hoping to see through the fog.

Suddenly, a flash of light exploded outside the carriage, making Yn back track.

"Yn RUN!"

Yn could recognise the sound of Ron's voice and then the flash of ginger hair as he pressed up to the glass. "Go," he screamed.

Yn scuttled back slowly at first and then faster and faster, clambering to unlatch the other carriage door. She fell back into the next carriage running through as student started back at her in a panic. Behind her the thundering sound of footsteps followed. She fumbled for her wand. She knew she was approaching the end of the train. But her problems were only stacking. As she hurtled towards the end of the train, the emergency door flung open. Yn skid to a halt in the centre of the empty carriage raising her wand.

"You don't want to do that," one of the masked figures chuckled.

"It's us against you. And you are all alone. Don't be foolish."

"Don't make this hard."

"We all know how this is going to end."

Yn eyes darted around the carriage as the voices emerged from everywhere. There was no way out. The train would not allow apparition and even if she was able to get outside it had been a while since she had last practiced.