33

Yn did not visit Draco as Snape had advised but Blaise kept her up to date with his recovery. Draco had been in the hospital wing for weeks now. In ways that made things easier for Yn. She did not have to avoid him in the common room or ignore him in lessons. But that sensation of something growing darker was only amplified. She knew that Draco being alone with his thoughts would only be to his detriment.

She could only hope that the remain few weeks at Hogwarts would be uneventful. Once she was back with Lucinda and Phineas and her father she would be in a much more secure position.

But that night caused everything to come crashing down.

Unsurprisingly, Yn could not sleep. When she peered out her window, she could see the storm gathering.

But it was the green flash that caused her heart to plummet. Followed by the dark skull that appeared from the storm.

It was happening. It had started.

"Yn," Daphne caught Yn's hand. "Come on quickly."

Yn pulled on her hoodie over her pyjamas and joined the crowd.

In the halls of Hogwarts there was chaos. Glass shattering, Lights flickering. Screaming and laughing.

"What's going on?" She asked Cho as they slowly joined the traffic on the spiral staircase.

"It's Death Eaters there in the castle."

"What?" Yn paused and stared out of the window at the glowing sky. She quickly pounded down the stairs and made it out onto the grounds. She peered down at the rolling green that led to Hagrid's Hut. She spotted the black cloaks dancing around the grass. She recognised his gait immediately. And Draco turned as if he knew she was there.

He gulped.

Yn's shoulder drooped in disappointment. She had been right. He had over though it.

"Come on Draco," a jarring screeching voice bellowed. Yn was able to identify it as belonging to Bellatrix Lestrange.

Bellatrix followed Draco's gaze and spotted Yn staring down at them.

"She looks exactly like her mother," She brushed Draco's hair out of his eyes. "Is there other ways that they are alike Draco," Bellatrix whispered in his ear. "The Dark Lord will want to hear about this." She tugged on Draco's arm pulling him after her.

At the same time, Yn heard the gasps as murmurs coming from the courtyard and turned to leave.

She hadn't realised the extent of Draco's steps until she entered the eery courtyard, where Dumbledore lay lifeless. Harry looked up at Yn. His eyes red. "Which side?" he mouthed at her.

Yn eyes slid past Harry's and up at the darkening sky. Yn lifted her wand alongside the other students, the tip of the wand glowing.