34

The next morning Professor McGonagall made the announcement that Hogwarts would be evacuated.

"Yn," Harry stepped down beside where Yn was sat on the steps as she looked out onto the grounds where she had last seen Draco.

"Harry." Yn got to her feet and embraced him. "I'm sorry about Dumbledore." She sniffled.

"He knew what was happening," Harry reconciled. "Can I sit with you?" He pointed to the step.

"Yeah, of course."

In the distance Harry could see the burnt remains of Hagrid's Hut. "Yn I don't want to pressure you but I need to know what it is that you have that they want."

Yn looked down at her feet. "It's like Legilmens. But its more than that. My mother had the ability and I guess it passed on to me. We can manipulate thoughts not just sense them."

"You're like a walking imperious curse," Harry concluded.

Yn nodded. "My mother was initially fascinated by him. Tom riddle. Voldemort. Whoever. But eventually she saw through it and she escaped. She used her power to stay hidden but it took a toll on her. Hiding me and her. And she slipped up and they found her."

"But they haven't found you." Harry added.

"I wouldn't be to sure about that anymore." Yn looked at her hand flexing her fingers nervously.

"Those with abilities of legilimancy are able to practice occlumency relatively well. And I can. With all but one person." She winced as she said the words.

"Does that one person happen to be Malfoy." Harry groaned.

She sighed. She sat twisting her ring around her finger as she nodded. "So what's the plan know?"

Harry back at the Castle. "I'm not coming back."

Yn nodded. "I figured."

"What about you?"

"Undecided," Yn muttered. "I'm just so sick of hiding. It's exhausting."

Harry detected the frustration in Yn's voice. "You're an important piece in all this Yn. Dumbledore was all too keen to make sure that we call knew that. But I don't know how."

"They didn't have my mother on their side last time to coerce people."

"So you do have to hid," Harry concluded.

"I assume so. You don't need me. The order doesn't need me. They just need me not to be found."

Yn got to her feet taking one last look at her surroundings. "Be careful Harry. He knows how to get in your head."

Harry followed in her stead. "You too Yn. He knows how to get into your too. And Malfoy won't be able to argue against it."

Yn nodded, embracing Harry warmly before heading off to finish packing.