Middle School

A few months had passed since then, and it was almost time for Johan and his fellow students to graduate from middle school.

Johan was getting ready for school in his room.

Once he was ready, he went to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast for himself and his mom.

Johan had learned how to cook ever since his mom went completely blind a couple of years ago.

Since then, Johan had been taking care of her and the house, making sure that his mom didn't get involved with drugs again.

He succeeded because he never let that preacher talk his mother into changing churches.

Unfortunately, the preacher was still in contact with his mother because she thought he was an innocent person.

But actually, he was anything but innocent.

Johan didn't have anything to prove his point, but he still didn't allow that preacher to meet his mom.

They only talked on the phone usually when Johan was around because Mrs. Seong couldn't use the phone without seeing anything, so she needed help.

The preacher was not stupid enough to try and convince Mrs. Seong to do drugs because of that.

Meanwhile, Johan was preparing breakfast, and he made some sandwiches for himself and his mom.

Johan took their sandwiches and knocked on his mother's room door.

"Hey Mom."

"Johan? Come in,"Mrs. Seong said.

Johan opened the door and saw that his mother was awake but still in bed.

She couldn't actually do anything without any help, so it was better for her to stay in bed.

"Johan, you don't have to cook for me every day," Mrs. Seong said.

"Mom, you have been saying this for years now," Johan said as he sat near her. "But you should focus more on your studies than on the house," Mrs. Seong said.

"Yeah, yeah, we will talk about that, but eat first," Johan said, completely ignoring her. He gave her a sandwich that Mrs. Seong held in her hands before she took a bite.

"That's so good," Mrs. Seong said.

"Thanks, but now eat without talking," Johan said, and his mother looked annoyed at him. "Young man, I am your mother. You are not my father, so don't tell me what to do."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Listen to your mom," Mrs. Seong said, but Johan didn't say anything. They had their breakfast, and Johan said, "I will be going to school now, Mom."

"Have a good day, Johan. Make me proud," Mrs. Seong smiled. Johan also smiled at her before he left her room and stepped outside of his house, where he saw his caretaker there.

"You are late."

"Sorry, I was busy with my own house chores."

"Don't be late next time, okay!"

Johan said, but his tone wasn't what you call friendly because he didn't usually tolerate such things.

The only reason he didn't fire her was that his mother actually liked this woman, and they were kind of friends, and she had been taking care of Mrs. Seong for a while now.

Johan was about to leave for his school, but his caretaker stopped him and he asked, "Yes?"

"My salary?"