A job

A few more days passed, and Johan was still in Seoul. He had no idea when he would be able to return to Incheon now.

But one good thing about staying in Seoul was that Johan could regularly meet up with his friends, Zack and Mira. Just like today, the three of them were in a cafe, talking and catching up with each other.

In a few days, there was a festival coming up at Jae Won High School, the same high school where Zack and Mira studied, and they were telling Johan about it.

"There will be a lot of activities at the festival. It's going to be a lot of fun," Mira said, showing her excitement for the festival, while Johan listened, and Zack was busy staring at her when speaking.

"Oh, so pretty~," Zack thought out loud, and Mira looked at him. "What do you mean, Zack?"

"Nothing, Mira. You must be hearing things now," Zack said, and Mira sighed and turned to Johan. "What about you, Johan? Your school must be having a festival as well. If not, you can come to our school."

"Yeah, Johan, you should come to our school for the festival. It is open to everyone," Zack added, and they both looked at Johan, who was looking nervous.

"I mean, guys, wouldn't it be better if I attend the festival at my own school?" Johan suggested, and Zack said, "You should enjoy it with friends."

"But, Zack, he must have other friends in school as well," Mira said, and Johan nervously agreed with her. "Yeah, I think I should stay with them this time, plus we can always meet like this," Johan said.

Then, Zack was honestly amazed, and he said, "Man, how can you manage both school and work by yourself? It seems like such a pain in the ass to me."

Johan felt uneasy to answer that because he would have to make another lie, or these two would bug him endlessly, and Johan said, "It's hard, but I am able to manage somehow."

With that, Johan soon got up, saying, "Guys, it's about time that I go back. I will see you after your festival."

"Okay, bye, Johan," Mira said with a smile, waving her hand at Johan, while Zack also waved his hand as Johan left the cafe and went back to his house.

Johan was lying on his bed like a starfish before his phone started ringing.

"Um... Let me sleep," Johan said in an annoyed tone, and he tried to sleep through it. But the phone didn't stop ringing, and he got irritated and finally picked up the phone to see who it was.

Johan looked at the person calling him and was surprised to know who it was - none other than Gun Park.

"Gun? What the hell does he want from me?" Johan said before picking up the phone, and Gun spoke, "I finally got your number, copycat."

"Mr. Gun, how are you doing?" Johan asked, trying to be respectful towards Gun, because technically, workers are under Gun's authority as they are one of four major crews.

"You remember me? I am delighted," Gun said, and Johan asked, "Is there something you want from me?"

"Yes, leave that asshole Goo and come to my side. I'll make you filthy rich," Gun said, and he continued, "And unlike Goo, I will pass down all my techniques to you as well."

"Anything else, Mr. Gun?" Johan asked in an annoyed tone, and Gun said, "You are thinking of my offer as some small thing. Think about it. You won't just have control over here but also Japan. You'll be part of the Yamakazi clan."

"Well, your offer now does sound better, but I'm not planning to stay in this field for long," Johan said, and he continued, "Thanks for the offer. I will let you know if I ever consider it."

"Alright, but now, hear the reason why I called you today," Gun said, and he turned serious. Johan's sleepiness also faded, and he listened to Gun.

"As you know, I'm also a teenager like you, and I have my GED exam in a few days," Gun said, and Johan asked, "Do I have to help you pass the exam? Should I beat up the teacher? Or should I kidnap his daughter? Or maybe set his house on fire?"

"Or even better, you want me to put a Glock in his mouth?" Johan asked, and Gun kept listening to him. He finally said, "You are already more than ready to be a Yamakazi."

"Anyway, this is not what you have to do. There is something else you have to do," Gun said, and Johan listened to him as Gun continued, "There is a certain princess that I'm tasked to guard from everything."

"And how can I help you?" Johan was confused, but Gun continued, "Now, as you know that I have my GED exam soon, so I won't be able to guard her on that day. So, I want someone to replace me for the day."

"And you want me to do that? Can't you just hire some bodyguard?" Johan said, and Gun replied, "That princess is not just anyone. You think if it was that easy, then why would I be assigned to keep her safe?"

"But we aren't even related. Go ask your own damn successors?" Johan said, and Gun replied, "The thing about my successor is..."

"What? They aren't trustworthy?" Johan asked, and Gun said, "Well, Jake is not trustworthy at all. He might use the princess against me, and Olly is not someone I will trust around a woman."

"And Eli Jang, that motherfucker ran away with some chick. I don't know where that asshole is," Gun said to Johan, and he continued, "While Jin Jang doesn't match the standards of being her bodyguard. He's weak."

"That leaves only workers, and I chose you for the job," Gun explained his reasons, and Johan refused, saying, "Well, I don't know. It's your problem, not mine."

Johan was about to hang up, but Gun said, "I knew you wouldn't agree like that. I already talked with Eugene."

Gun said, and just a few minutes later, Johan's phone rang again. It was a call from Eugene, so Johan added Eugene to the call and asked, "What is it, Chairman?"

"Mr. Seong, I want you to follow Mr. Gun's order since you are free," Eugene said. Johan whined before agreeing because Eugene was right; he had nothing to do.

Although Johan was the president, a minor could only do so much work. All the actual work of Cipher Entertainment was done by Mizu, while the shady business of Cipher Affiliate was handled by the two former kings.

With those two behemoths, there is nothing currently that can take down Cipher Affiliate, well, unless that thing is named Gun Park.

With no options left, Johan finally agreed to do Gun's work for the day. He said to Gun, "Just message me the location from where I have to pick up this princess."