Chapter 110: Tough Call

Wondering where to start, which class to tell them about first, I decided to take it from those that least resonated with my heart.

Well, besides the classes in the slave tree, it was Tumbler of Labyrinth that sat least well with me.

Tumbler of Labyrinth

Requirements met for class evolution: [Tumbler of Labyrinth]

You visited one of the labyrinths and made it your own playground, a stage to perform your feats. Has class at level 100.

While for many, a labyrinth is a place where one must be mindful of one's life, Tumblers find it lively and suitable for acrobatic stunts. So even though their audience consists only of beasts and monsters, they are more than keen to show them their prowess.

In the labyrinth, Tumblers will find the efficiency of skills related to agility, speed, and spatial orientation increased by 40%.

"It's pretty obvious that I got this option from my training in Fallens Cry," I added after reading the description.

"Another class you got thanks to me, girl."

Deckard's smirk and remark at Overgrown Duster earned him a scowl from me before I turned to Lord Wigram. "I don't plan on spending my life in the Labyrinth, so the restriction...it would make me weak outside of it if I'm not wrong?"

He didn't answer me right away, thinking about it. "I don't think it would make you as weak as you think. Weaker for sure, though. Nevertheless, it is clear that this is a labyrinth-oriented class, and the skill bonus matches the disadvantage. Given the nature of this class, maybe your mentor will be able to tell us more."

Deckard shrugged. "I've never seen one."

"And here I thought you'd be more knowledgeable. Apologies, a mistake on my part."

"The fact that I haven't met any Tumbler doesn't mean I don't know anything about labyrinth classes," he scowled. "They all have one thing in common, and that's that they give you quite an advantage in the Labyrinth. Companies are full of these cocky assholes."

The Imperial Chief Healer frowned at his choice of words, which made Deckard grin. Me? I didn't mind. More important than a few rude words was what he had to say.

"In the Labyrinth, they act like they own it, but you hardly see them outside of it."

"Why?" I wondered. "They don't go out, like you?"

"Nah, they are holed up in their headquarters, afraid to poke their heads out. In the pubs around the labyrinthine square, even a waitress would handle them, let alone the other seekers, most of whom they pissed off."

"So, in other words, they are weak outside the labyrinth."

"Exactly, girl."

Whether Deckard exaggerated or Lord Wigram downplayed, it didn't matter. Tumbler of Labyrinth wasn't the class I wanted to choose, anyway. However, I hesitated with the next one, and I had to take a cookie to ward off the awkwardness that this option brought me.

Brute of a Woman

Requirements met for class evolution: [Brute of a Woman].

You proved those who thought a woman weak how wrong they were. You chose the path of strength and showed more than once the power of your bare fists. Regardless of the growing number of wounds, you pushed on, fearing neither pain nor death. Has class at level 100.