Chapter 90

A/N: Son of a bitch! 90 Chapters! That's one hell of a milestone, my God! I thank you all that has stuck by the story through the past few years. I never would have anticipated way back in 2019 that something I'd make grow into something truly incredible. To everyone who has read this story, you have my enteral gratitude.

As we are 10 chapters away from the big big milestone that is Chapter 100, I have something special in plan to coincide with Chapter 100's release. Godwilling, it will happen this year.

Without further ado, enjoy!

***

Monday October 7th, 2013

Catalina's Schoolship

"How many times do you think you were shot?"

"Easily a thousand. Maybe even ten. The vest took a lot of hits, far more than I ever expected."

"Well, it feels like it took fuckin' a million hits. Like, God damn! I thought you'd never get dropped!

A little past seven in the morning, Heather and Ashley were walking together to school. Usually, they would have Valarie and Emma with them, but the pair were already on campus. For what reason, Ashley and Heather did not exactly know but figured it must've been important enough because they could not fathom a good reason to go to school that early.

The weather that morning was crisp but not at all uncomfortable. There were few clouds in the sky, and the sea was calming. All in all, it was shaping up to be a good morning.

"I forget, who got you at the end?" Ashley asked.

"Louise," Heather answered with a chuckle, softly grinning. "Came outta nowhere and shut me down."

"Oh yeah, I remember now. She ran up to you and blasted you point-blank with that laser shotgun five times in as many seconds."

Heather's grin grew. "She did something I would totally do."

When they turned the corner, the conversation shifted. Heather wanted to talk about something that had lingered too long in the crowded rear of her mind. That of the mystery of a World War I legend.

"Hey, are we still doing that A7V thing?"

"Uhhh, duh?" Ashley said to her. "You remember the clue we solved earlier?"

"You got to be mad as a hatter to fly the Natter," Heather replied, nodding.

"And what we got from solving that was GPS coordinates to a place in Germany where those wacky ass rocket planes were launched from."

"Alright, good, so we go to Germany and continue the mystery hunt from there."

Ashley looked at her with a bewildered look. "Um, hello? How do we get to Germany when this ship is going nowhere near it? Our next match is at some island off Greenland. This ship won't be docking in Europe at all."

"You're right, but you don't know the full story."

"Eh?"

Heather got her phone out and went online to a website. It was the school website for Catalina, and on it was a piece of information that she found to be incredibly useful; an itinerary. The site had a section that detailed all the upcoming stops the ship would make this month.

"Yes, when we have our match later this month in Greenland, the ship will be docking in Canada. Turns out, Greenland doesn't have any ports near big enough to support a schoolship. But," Heather zoomed in on a specific section of the ship's itinerary. "The ship right now is sailing to a port in Norway for some event for the culinary students. I say, when the ship makes port, we take a quick trip down to Germany."