Mojave Rose v. Old Dominion

Saturday, April 27th 2013

Clouds were rolling in the area. There would often block the sun, encasing the landscape in darkness. When it did get dark, the temperature would drop and though it was spring, as Montana was so north that it was still cold. More colder than what people from Southern California are used too. Some members of the Mojave Rose team have entirely misjudged just cold this state could be and neglected to pack anything that could warm them up. For those that did, they dressed in layers and had their bandannas over their mouths to keep every bit of heat on them. The team were at the starting area of the match with all of their vehicles. At the IS-3 crew, Ray was with his crew. He was blowing into his hands to warm them up. He wished he packed some gloves.

"God damn it's too cold here." he complained.

"The inside ain't any better. It's like a fridge in there." Ryan added.

They congregated around the rear of their vehicle. Though their engine was currently off, there was still heat being radiated off of it, so they enjoyed it while they can. As they stood around, Valarie came around to speak with Ray.

"Have you seen them? The people who harassed you and your crew?"
"None of use saw any of them. I think they waited for us to leave the motel before leaving themselves."

"Interesting..." Valarie remarked.

"...a move like that tells they want to avoid drama which is funny because they started it."

"Yeah, it's giving me some weird vibes. Between you and me, I have a feeling they're going to do something bad. But who knows exactly."

"If they are, then it's most definitely for you."

He gave her a quick nod and climbed into his machine. Valarie did the same and now all they had to do now was wait. By now, the entire team knew what happened to the IS-3 crew during the convention, especially how Ray got the worst of it. Everyone knew that today's match will be different due to one fact; the two teams did not like each other at all. While Mojave Rose expected a rivalry to occur in the tournament, it was assumed that it would all be in good fun. But, instead, what was happening now was a rivalry with anger and hate serving as its foundation. The jovial mood that would have normally existed in matches was gone, and in its place was a straight-faced seriousness. Things became less joyful when it got personal. An attack on one was an attack against all. A concept that applies to nations that Mojave Rose has wholeheartedly adopted. Tens of miles away from them, Old Dominion was at their starting area. Cassandra was walking from tank to tank giving them a quick inspection with Ellie following shyly in tow. She then stopped before a Churchill.

"Well, good going Ellie. The AVRE is here."

Ellie displayed a small smile.

"I can only hope you command your Panzer III today as good as you can follow simple instructions."

Her smile vanished. From behind them, another person joined them. Evelyn, the team's captain, was too looking at all the vehicles ready for action.

"Now these are interesting choices, Cassandra. The 105mm Shermans, the STuHs, and the AVRE? Vehicles that excel in destroying buildings and the only thing man-made around here is that abandoned town that is a stiff breeze away from toppling over."

"We can't let Mother Nature do all the work, can we? Besides, the odds are extremely good that Mojave Rose will make a move for the town as they start closer to it. Having all this firepower will be handy in an urban environment."

"Alrighty then. The heavy-hitters are under your command. I'll take the rest of the team to do what we planned."

"Of course. Just wait for my signal and we'll snatch a win."