Mojave Rose v. Palatine Academy

Wednesday, July 24th 2013

Just a little over one month after the conclusion of American nationals, the day had arrived. All the preparations and anticipation leading to here. The Mojave Rose tankery team first outing in the world tournament in the Spanish country. Though, the official start of the match was still some hours away. The team was still on the ship, doing one final piece of preparation. It was around six in the morning, sun barely up, as if it would matter as the sky was in complete overcast. The dawn was cool, but everyone could feel that it was warming by the hour. The team's tanks have already been shipped to their starting area the night before, so what everyone was really doing was ensuring that all their personal equipment were on hand and ready to go.

"I'm all set," Ashley informed. "I almost miss being shot at. Really."

"Let's see you say that again later today." Valarie remarked.

The team were at the garage, but only briefly. After their business there had come to and end. everyone disembarked the ship and congregated at the docks below. All they had to do now was to wait for a bus to come and shuttle them to where the match will take place. Among them was Alice and Madison. Not only were they going to watch the tournament kick off, but they had some business to attend to over there. For, as part of the tradition of international tankery, it was expected that the opposing teams set up tents and trailers to provide luxurious amenities for the various spectators to enjoy. Most important of all, however, was the food service as this was where the majority of the cultural exchange take place. As Valarie has been told before, nothing better advertises a culture than food.

"So, you've really taken an interest in this pre-match stuff?" Valarie questioned.

"Oh absolutely!" Madison responded with vigor. "It's the sort of things I live for."

"What do you have in store?"

"Breakfast. All kinds of breakfast. Eggs, pancakes, waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, ham, bacon, hashbrowns, steak, and every kind of coffee under the sun."

Valarie hummed with pleasure. "Mmm, I'm hungry already."

Not longer after, a bus arrived and the team piled in. Once the door closed and everyone got settled in, they were off. Their day had begun.

Later

The spectator's area was quite different than how it was done back in the United States. For one, it was much bigger with tents and trailers going on seemingly going as far as the eye can see. The crowds were immense, the noise they generated akin to a stadium, and it was barely eight in the morning. There was also an increased media attention. Quite a few reporters were scattered about looking to see what information that can gather. Overhead, there were occasional fly-by of helicopters. These aircraft were mounted with cameras that would broadcast the match around the world. Off the bus, the Mojave Rose tankery team were just now entering the area. With them in their uniforms, attention was already being sent their way. Before they walked any further, Buchanan walked briskly to get in front of them to share a few words.

"Before I set you all loose to explore every inch of this place, I want all of you to pay special attention to the announcement systems. The last thing anyone of you want to do is to be late. Another thing..." she began but stopped. She gripped her stomach as it had began to discomfort her for a moment before subsiding. "Ah. Excuse me. Anyway, as I was saying, I just wanted to say that I'm really...really proud of what you all have done. Now get outta here before I start crying."

The team dissolved into the crowd, eager to see what this place has to offer. Ray and Natalie were off to one area in particular. One that Ray was looking forward to for the past few days.