i.

CHAPTER ONE
" Marceline, is it just you and me in the wreckage of the world? "

          EXHAUSTED WAS ALL ANTONIA COULD feel when getting herself ready for work

EXHAUSTED WAS ALL ANTONIA COULD feel when getting herself ready for work. She wanted to call in sick from work, but she already used that excuse a week ago. The girl frowned disgustingly as she put her black apron into her tote bag.

"Come on, child, before you become late for work."

Antonia looks to her entrance doorway, seeing a largely tall woman, standing there.

Isis was a force to be reckoned with. Her skin was flawless and deeply tanned, with her straight black hair held out of her face by a gold headdress. Her eyes held a kindness to them, but a stern reminder like a strict mentor.

Being an Avatar wasn't all too bad, it purely depended on which god or goddess is titled to you; lucky, Antonia got the better side of the coin.
Isis was her mentor but also a friend.
She didn't meddle in her daily life, unless it interfered to her interests.

A reluctant Vera slugged her way out the door and had to make her way to the bus.

The bus made its way to her stop and Antonia sped away to the museum, where her job was located.
Making her way to the café, she saw waved to the employees, who were currently working. Running to the back, she threw her bag into a locker, where she met her pink haired friend.

"Girl, I thought you were gonna call-in again," Jackie says.

"Trust me, I was." Antonia ties her apron around her waist and chest and putting her hair back. "But I couldn't leave my favorite co-worker alone."

"Yeah, because it was foul how you called in sick, without telling me." Jackie sipped her personally made coffee.

"I didn't see Connor working. He usually helps."

"Connor isn't coming in today. He called off, family emergency and all that."

Antonia groans loudly, "Don't tell me..."

"Malakai," gags the friend, "He's taking over today."

"He's the fucking worst," Antonia hissed quietly, "Why couldn't literally anyone else take the job?"

"Because god hates us all. Now, hurry up before he comes in and ruins my day with his face."

°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥

WORKING at a café was honestly not as bad as people think. Sure, it can be busy most days, but there are points in time during the day that it's calm and easy. It was a Tuesday, meaning mornings were the busiest times, that's only because the employees at the museum need caffeine. And Antonia worked afternoon to night shifts, a lucky day.