xv.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
" Nah, I can't
I don't want to end the season on a bad note "

           LAYLA DROVE WHILE MARC SAT on the passenger's side and Antonia in the back

           LAYLA DROVE WHILE MARC SAT on the passenger's side and Antonia in the back. As they were driving to the dunes, Antonia could feel the tension between the two adults. Not wanting a fight to break, she just started talking and they listened.

"Naturally, I can see mythology. That's how I saw the jackal," She explains, "I can also see Khonshu and hear him. They have to actively make themselves unseen from me."

Marc turns to the girl, confused. "So, you can see him? You can hear him?"

"Yeah, I've seen him a lot, but I can't hear him. He must know I could."

"But how did you get these abilities?" asked Layla.

"I don't know. I'm just born with it. That and visions, I get heavy visions."

"Visions that can help us?"

"I don't know," Antonia says, "They just come to me like warnings. They're not specific at all."

Marc questioned, "Did you know? About Harrow, did you know about what he is trying to do?"

The girl nodded, seeing the frustration on Marc's face. "When did you know?" He asked.

"Like... a few months ago."

Seeing the look on his face seemingly about to burst, she defends her actions. "But I didn't know! My visions predict shit that I have no control over. I knew the Blip would happen, but I didn't know when. I didn't know how to stop it."

"You knew?" Layla furrows her brows. "You knew that half the people on this planet would just disappear?"

"Kinda. I just saw people disappearing and the world went silent. It didn't give me a date or anything to actually stop it. That vision was 2 years before it actually happened. The visions just give me a warning of what is to come."

"Did Isis choose you because of your abilities?" questioned Marc, "Because of your visions and being able to see things."

The girl looked at the man, unable to answer. She didn't know, she never asked why she was chosen. Any 12-year-old wouldn't question a goddess that has given you powers.

"Did Khonshu give you a reason for being his Avatar?" Antonia asked, in retaliation. Marc didn't say anything, knowing he had probably pushed a button on Antonia.