xvi.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
" Power down
Are you feeling nervous? "

          STEVEN WASN'T GETTING UP ANYTIME soon; he was alive, just knocked out and unconscious

STEVEN WASN'T GETTING UP ANYTIME soon; he was alive, just knocked out and unconscious. Antonia and Layla had stopped trying to wake him up and started trying to get him to the vehicle.

"This wasn't the plan," Antonia hissed, trying to carry some of Steven's body weight. "I don't even think we had a plan."

"We need to get him to the vehicle and follow the coordinates," Layla encouraged, wrapping her arm around Steven to pick him up. "We should be fine. He should be awake by then——"

Light shined at their face. Layla's eyes widened as a vehicle was charging at them. Antonia frowns, "Get him out. I'll deal with them."

As Antonia summoned her suit, they started to shoot at them. Immediately, she used her wisps to push the two out of the way, tumbling down the sand. Her eyes saw them drive closer and closer, their bullets unharming her.

She jerked her wrist up and the car went flying. It flew out and above her, landing a distance away from where Layla and Steven were.

The girl flew down to the car, hearing them murmur and cuss out a storm. The two people in the front were hanging upside down, with their legs crushed on the dashboard, and the person in the back lying down trying to wake his body up.

The teen crouched in front of the backseat and used her wisps to make him be tied by the seatbelt.
She goes over to the two, seeing that they are in insufferable pain.

"You guys are lucky I'm an empathic person."

Her wisp made contact with their heads — all three of them — and like a switch, they were gone. Blood pooled out of every hole, the eyes, ears, mouth, and nose. It was a quick and painless death, she just shut their brain and heart off.

Getting up, she saw another car come down, beside Layla's vehicle. They were aiming at the girl. Antonia took coverage behind the vehicle, letting their bullets die out.

Before Antonia could do something, Layla was three steps ahead of them. The woman chucked a flare candle into the vehicle bed. Antonia's jaw dropped in seeing it blow up, the people were dead in an instant.

As she made her way to Layla, the two girls looked behind to see Steven staring at the both of them, confused.

"What?"

°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°