xviii.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
" And wonder what I did to
deserve this
How could you hurt a little kid?
I can't forgive, I can't forget "

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN" And wonder what I did to deserve this How could you hurt a little kid?I can't forgive, I can't forget "

(TW: Child abuse, racism)

ANTONIA WAS TOO NAÏVE TO think that someone wouldn't come out of this mission unharmed. It was stupid for her to believe that she wouldn't get hurt, mentally or physically. She thought she was invincible, that this mission would make her stronger and better as the Sorceress.

But holding the floating body of the person she cared for most, all her childish thoughts seemed to be polluted by the blood of whom she deemed a father.

If she had taken Marc/Steven's place, being shot to death by Arthur Harrow, she would've done it in a heartbeat.

"Get her."

She protested in screams, as men grabbed her and pulled her off of the body. They got her out of the water, dragging her out of the mot. The girl watched as other men had gone to grab the body.

"No! Get your hands off of him!" She shouts to them, "Get off!"

The men dragged his body out of the water by his arms, carelessly setting him on the sets to find what Harrow wanted.

Her grief began to burn in her chest, like a fire wanting to leak out of its chamber. Her eyes saw red as Arthur watched them pat Marc/Steven's body, looking into his pockets.

Feeling the man that held her grip lessen, as she didn't thrash, Antonia ran out of his arms. Her body fully aimed at Harrow.

She got close as her fist hit Harrow's jaw, but as her other hand came down, a shot was heard. Antonia didn't feel a thing as her long and strong nails scratched the man's face.

She screams as her body hits the ground with her hands. Her leg felt like a hot stab in her calf, but something else was lodged in it.

It were times like this that the Sorceress would be useful.

The men grabbed the girl and punched her in the mouth, before slamming her head on the pharaoh's coffin, her arms were held behind her back. Another man had a gun on her head, ready to kill her in seconds.

Harrow sighed heavily, touching his entire cheek. His fingertips had blood on them. Antonia chuckled, with bloody teeth, seeing the man become quite surprised she had drawn blood, that she was quick enough to actually touch him.

When Harrow looked at Antonia, he saw something so familiar in her eyes.
He had only seen it once in the body of Marc/Steven, for only a second, he would've not noticed if he didn't pay attention too well. He saw it though, in the eyes. That crazed, dead, ruthless nature, any life in them had been killed off.