xxi.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
" It just that I fell in love with a war
And nobody told me it ended "

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE" It just that I fell in love with a warAnd nobody told me it ended "

THE THREE AVATARS DRAGGED ARTHUR Harrows body to the council pyramid. Antonia had to carry Harrow by her wisps to eliminate any chance of him doing whatever it takes to escape.

The girl was stunned at the sight. It was only a day or two before when the council had their meeting against Khonshu. Now, the pyramid crumbled and ruined. There were no Avatars here, just the four of them.

Antonia threw the man on a slab of stone. Layla explained, "The power of this room will help us bind Ammit to Harrow's body. Quick, grab my hands so we can start the spell."

Marc and Antonia stood on the woman's side and held her hand. Immediately, their free hand moved up to have thick, lavender wisps. The three chanted in Egypt, Antonia didn't know what she was saying; her body just did it.

Whatever they were saying, it was working. The wisps wrap around a circle with Harrow in the dead middle. The magic was strengthened by the near statues of deities, wind started to power through.

The girl stood amazed.
This will all send soon enough.

Suddenly, an energy was pulled into the room and hunted straight to Arthur. His body twitched and twisted from the power, his mouth opened to consume the energy.

With all the energy in Harrow, Ammit's voice took over him. "You can never contain me. I'll never stop."

As soon as Ammit was placed completely inside Harrow, the lavender magic was gone. Antonia sighs as she looks at the man.
He was vulnerable, completely defenseless.

Khonshu shows up. "Finish it, quickly. Leave neither of them alive."

The girl watched as Marc stood on top of Arthur, with one hand pulling the man up, and the other holding his crescent dart.

The girl silently winced to herself. She didn't feel like she had the right to speak on whether Harrow lives or dies. Marc had been through hell and back with him, they had history. It was ultimately Marc's decision.

Death seemed to be the only option, but when she was looking at Marc, he looked pained; he didn't want to kill.

Khonshu reminds, "While he lives... so too does she."

Ignoring the god's comment, Antonia shouts, "Mar——"

"I have to finish this," Marc mutters, not daring to look at her. "If not, I'll never be free."