xx.

CHAPTER TWENTY
" I know it's for the better
Know it's for the better "

          THE GOD OF THE NIGHT watched from afar as an explosion was heard by the pharaoh's tomb

THE GOD OF THE NIGHT watched from afar as an explosion was heard by the pharaoh's tomb. With newfound help, he had become confident in defeating Ammit. Suddenly, beside him, there was a presence he knew about.

"Is the 'thing' alive?"

"Children aren't 'things,'" Isis corrected, "She will rise from the ashes like the warrior she is."

"Then why do I sense your concern still?"

The goddess straightened her posture. "Ammit almost killed her, she was luring her to the Field of Reeds. Being in the same mind, as our fallen, I could sense her power." She turns to him. "Ammit has taken down the Council... hasn't she?"

Khonshu didn't answer.
As much as he is cutthroat, he knew his place when beside the goddess — a queen — and he didn't have the heart to tell about her family.

But she knew. The silence spoke a thousand words.
"Good," She hums, "They shall not question me when I show him Harrow's head on a spike."

In front of the tomb sight, the ground was cracked from the crater in the dry land; a small hole was made.
There glowed in gold and white, a girl.
Her body had broken the chains and coffin that she laid. She was untouched and unharmed
as if no one had laid a hand on her. The girl's body slowly raised up to reveal her wings. The angel wings and Sorceress attire formed to her body.

Antonia didn't feel much. All she could feel was peace and power. It buzzed in her bloodstream, steeping through the pores of her skin.
It felt heavenly, ethereal. She could stay like this for the rest of her life and she wouldn't mind.

Her mind wasn't worried and concerned or angry. Her body didn't stead tears or shrivel into a small ball.
Everything felt whole, nothing was missing, nothing was taken.

She was clean. She was pure. She was a true angel, rising from her near death.

As a hand touched her, her body was slowly brought down. The glow lessened with whoever was lowering her down to the ground. However, she wasn't phased. She didn't ask for them to stop or push them away.

Antonia knew this hand.

Feeling her feet touch the sandy dune, her eyes were cleared. Standing in front of her, her neighbor in very familiar white armor, smiling at her with tears in his eyes.

She didn't think it was real.
After manipulation upon simulation, she didn't trust her own mind. The girl slowly drew her hand to the man's face, which he braced for the impact of a slap or a punch.