xix.

CHAPTER NINETEEN
" When somebody loved me
Everything is beautiful
Every hour we spent together
Lives within my heart "

CHAPTER NINETEEN " When somebody loved meEverything is beautifulEvery hour we spent together Lives within my heart "

           SHE REMEMBERED WHO SHE WAS looking at. That stupid smirk she used to fall for, his touch seemed to scar her skin. Disgust blinded her rage, she felt like throwing up on his shoe if she could. Antonia's wrist was gripped hard, his dull eyes staring right at her.

"Drew," She calls, "get the fuck away from me."

The boy didn't. "You know, this could've been stopped. Ammit would've taken care of them, of me. You wouldn't have to suffer so much."

The girl kicked his stomach and pushed him off to let her go. He didn't seem phased as he pulled a small pocket knife.

"Don't act all good. I know how you think." His eyes glowed purple. "I know you better than you know yourself." Drew points to the Baileys. "A hero doesn't do that."

"I'm not a hero——"
"You sure as hell think you are by blindly believing that stupid bird."

Antonia didn't look back at the blood she had spilled. She just stared to her body, which was dripping in the blood of her 'father'. Her mind was numb, and not in a good way.

"Don't act all righteous for believing that people should be punished in due time, when the crime is already committed. Don't act as if that's what you believe," Drew says, "I know you believe that people should be killed before they commit their crimes. You believe it would save people the trouble, the heartache."

That was true.
Since she was young, Antonia thought of the Baileys. How if they died before they adopted her, it would've saved her the pain. If they just didn't exist, the world — her world — would've been better off.

"It's okay to think that way!" Drew encourages, "That's what Ammit is doing. She's saving every person who will be a victim. She is getting rid of every person who are monsters."

"Like you?" Antonia snaps, "I think it's fucked up to talk to me about monsters when you are standing right here!"

The boy's demeanor seemed to pause. His body stood straight, almost robotically.  

Antonia made her stand. She didn't want to change it, and she won't. It didn't take reliving her own personal hell to get her on the god's side, Ammit knew this. So... if she couldn't join her then she was an obstacle.

The girl watched as the boy's body deteriorated. Like rotting meat, his flesh slumped and died within seconds. The smell of decay filled her nose.