ii.

CHAPTER TWO
" High achiever, don't you see?
Baby, nothing comes for free "

          THE SORCERESS FLEW BUILDING TO building, her big white feathers flying around

          THE SORCERESS FLEW BUILDING TO building, her big white feathers flying around. She scanned the streets and alleys for anyone in need, she watched as women were walking home.

The girl wore gold armor, with red and blue linings throughout the armor. A small headdress was worn, decorating her hair with blue and red beadings. Her wings were real, white with gold armor in the back of the feathers.

She had traveled far from London, she flew to smaller areas where help was needed. Isis had explained an Avatar was taking care of the people in the city.

"So, since you are the Goddess of Magic, does that mean I have the same magic as that woman in the Avengers? You know, the one with the red powers."

Isis explains, "Her magic is different from ours. Hers is controlled by chaos magic, something not of this world."

"And you know this because..."
"I'm the Goddess of Magic, it's my job to know."

Antonia flew toward the side of a building, looking into the windows of the hospital. There were old and young, some were there for small injuries, others were for deeper damages.

"You cannot heal everyone," Isis states, "You must choose."

"I hate it when you remind me," The girl grumbled, "I have the power to heal them all, why can't I?"

"We must not draw attention to ourselves. Healing everyone in his building will draw attention. It is not every day when everyone in this hospital was miraculously cured of cancer."

That was the worst part of the job, having to choose who lives and dies.
It felt unfair for Antonia to choose.

The girl backed away from the building with a sigh. She closed her eyes and her gold wisps appeared in her hands.

Slowly, three of the wisps reached out to three people. A man of old age gasped in seeing his wife remember his name, after forgetting their history. A little girl was being scanned for a tumor, only to find there wasn't one at all. A woman watched as her baby slowly brighten in color, after sitting in UV lighting for days.

The Sorceress left the building and traveled to the more busier parts of town. She stayed awake, watching over the women, the children, and the mothers, who needed some prayed answered.

That was her favorite part of the job, seeing the smiles on their faces when their prayers were answered.

°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥

     BEING The Sorceress did not include excuses for school. Antonia has to sit and listen to adults talk about boring subjects that she didn't care for. She drank her coffee, as she tried to pay attention to her class.