iii.

CHAPTER THREE
" I need to purge my urges
Shame, shame, shame on you "

CHAPTER THREE" I need to purge my urgesShame, shame, shame on you "

          "LISTEN, THAT CAFÉ IS SEVERELY understaffed. They can't fire you, you take up the majority of the shifts there. The only thing is gonna fall apart if you leave."

Jackie was doing her best to comfort Antonia, who had a meeting with her supervisor after school.

"That fucker deserved to be hit. He grabbed you—No, correction! He assaulted you."

"I hit a fucking customer," Antonia huffs, "They can't just excuse that."

"Okay, then you'll probably leave for, what, a week? You'll be back at it in no time."

"I agree with the smart girl." Isis enters in.

"Woah, woah, woah!" Drew walks to the two of them. "Why do you look sad, babe?"

Antonia shifted her eyes away from the boy, as he sits beside her. She was too embarrassed to talk about it with him. So, Jackie did it for her. "She has a meeting with the supervisor today. She might get fired."

"Fired? Fired for what? You work almost every day there, you ain't slacking off."

Before Jackie could say a word, Antonia to her with pleading eyes. She did not want Drew to know about the altercation.

Drew was a very 'reactive' person; he doesn't handle bad situations well. Like the time when someone accidentally bumped into Drew, the boy shouted nonstop at the person, until they apologized profusely.

Antonia didn't know if Drew was gonna cause a scene at the museum if they did fire her, or even try figuring out who grabbed her and try to fight them. He was a wildcard.

Jackie excused, "I-I heard the museum is going under new management. So, maybe it's just an interview."

Drew wrapped his arm around Antonia's shoulders. "See. You're worried for nothing, babe."

The Vera just smiled to the boy, completely covering up the absolute panic her heart had felt.

"But hey, if you get fired, there is more time for me," He joked.

"Not funny," Jackie faked a smile.

"I'm just trynna lighten up the mood!"
"Yeah, poorly."

"Can you two please stop fighting?" Antonia spoke up, "I don't need this."

The two kids knew nothing was gonna help her. No jokes or comfort can help with her stress for the meeting. They were simply making it worse if they argued.