vii.

CHAPTER SEVEN
" Every day, I wake up, then I start to break up
Lonely is a man without love "

          IT HAD BEEN WEEKS SINCE Steven let Antonia study in the library and Antonia used every second of it to try and balance out her double life

However, she had begun to notice Steven becoming more forgetful than he was already.

As her neighbor was running behind, Antonia sat behind the desk, filling out her take-home test. Suddenly, a small tap was heard. She turned her head to see a smiling woman. "Hi. You must be Antonia, correct?"

The girl observed the woman, a curly-haired brunette. But it hit that she is the woman who has been checking Steven out; her name is Dylan.
"Y-Yes—Yeah! Yeah, what's up?"

"Is Steven clocking in today?"

"Yes, he just runs late a lot," Antonia smirks, "He is a busy man, you know, the hard worker type."

"Really?"
"An ambitious man, what can I say."

Dylan nodded her head and smiled impressively, "Well, tell your dad to talk to me after his shift, if I don't visit him."

As the woman walked away, Antonia's face turned blank at her words.
"Wait——"

"Where the hell is Steve?"

The girl looks to Donna, who is already annoyed. "You know, it's rude to greet customers like that."

"Yeah, and it's rude for customers to sit behind the register." The woman shooed the girl away, making her move all her belongings to the small corner of the counter.
"Get Steven here now."

Antonia scrunched up her face in annoyance seeing Donna leave, as if she could control when Steven shows up. The girl just turned her head to her book, but again, she was interrupted.

"Be wary."

The girl snapped up her head from the sudden voice of her goddess.
She looked around herself for anything suspicious but there was honestly nothing.

The only thing she noticed was a little girl chewing gum and staring at a pyramid, which Antonia guessed she would stick her gum in.

"Yes. Be wary of the 8-year-old who I can punt to the wall," She whispers sarcastically.

It didn't take Antonia but 5 minutes to be interrupted once more. This time her face lit a little when seeing Steven get himself to set boxes down on the counter, with Donna already on his ass.

"Don't know how many times I have to tell you this. You're not the bloody tour guide, Stevie," Donna reminds.

"Steven, actually." He shows his name tag before snapping in on his shirt. "I am... Steven." He taps the tag.

"No, you're bloody useless unless you're actually doing what you're paid to do, which is to sell these to children." The manager pushed a small basket of candies to him.