The Decision

"Beast Boy?"

"Beast Boy are you there?" A little girls voice whimpered in the dark.

"I'm scared."

"Help me Beast Boy." the voice began to sob.

"Why would you leave me here?"

"You promised."

"I don't want to die."

"Why would you let them do this to me?.."

"N-No! Sunshine No! I'm coming I promise! I won't leave you there to die!" Beast Boy yelled back into the darkness.

Everything suddenly became quiet until a small voice behind him whispered demonically, "but I already am."

"NOOO!" Beast Boy screamed as he sat up clutching his head.

"Beast Boy!"

"Beast Boy wake up! It's just a dream you idiot!" Raven yelled at him as she shook his shoulders.

Beast Boy slowly opened his tear filled eyes and looked at Raven.

"Raven I-"

Raven sighed before suddenly hugging him.

"It was just a dream Beast Boy... I'm sure she is okay."

Beast Boys face turned a deep red and stayed that way even as she pulled away.

"Come on. We need to go." She told him as she stood back up and gathered what little things they had.

Beast Boy looked down at the ground and nodded, but never made an attempt to move.

"Beast Boy-" Raven started but was cut off by Beast Boy.

"Why?"

Raven remained quiet.

"Why am I here?" he asked out loud.

"I came to save you, but just like always, you don't need my help. If anything you're just helping me fix another one of my mistakes. Am I that useless that I can't even save the people I care about?" He asked as his heart silently broke.

Raven let out a sigh and held out her hand to help him up. "Come on. We need to go." She told him softly.

Beast Boy looked up at her and then at her hand sadly before taking it. "Alright."

Standing up he took a bag they had picked up earlier and slung it over his shoulders.

"Within a few hours we should reach the canyons. When we get there, stay close and don't get separated. There are several ways to get lost in the canyons so do what I say and don't get to far away from me." Raven told him as they walked.

"What happens if we get separated?" Beast Boy asked.

Raven stopped and looked at Beast Boy, "Don't get separated." she told him before walking again.

Beast Boy was a little confused to why she didn't answer her question, but followed after her anyway.

"So-" Beast Boy was going to ask another question but was suddenly interrupted as a familiar ear piercing screech filled the air causing both of them to freeze.

"They know we're here." Raven whispered causing Beast Boy to shudder.

"Run." Raven whispered.

"What?"

"RUN!" Raven yelled as she took off into the air.

Suddenly the trees around Beast Boy began to glow purple and Beast Boy felt the hairs on his body began to rise as the air became filled with electricity.