The Letter

Special thanks to @NabicanEmpress and her help. Also thanks for allow me to use parts of her story to make the KidxJinx parts. Everyone be sure to check out her book called "Jinx's Flight" to read more of the story about Kid and Jinx and how they got together. ;)

**********************************

Beast Boy took a deep breath.

Time to do the forbidden.

He pushed open the door and stepped inside of Ravens room.

Taking a look at the paper in his hands, he read the first line. 'Step 1: Go into Ravens room and find the book of Zenthos.'

He looked around.

How was he supposed to find anything in this room? Not only was it so dark, but everything made him think of Raven.

He shook his head and walked over to the desk.

It had a bunch of books on it, but what caught his eyes was a small box laying on top of a paper.

He walked over and picked up the box and the paper.

He had never seen Ravens hand writing before, mainly for the fact that she never wrote, but it seemed to be a note from her.

His ears dropped as he began to read it.

'Dear Friends,

First, if you’re reading this, I'VE TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF MY ROOM! Second, it also means that I'm dead.

I want you to understand that I knew this would happen and I have accepted my fate. What you most likely saw me use was a sealing spell. I can't tell you everything about it and I don't expect you to understand. Just know that some things are best kept silent.

Robin, you stood next to me despite my dark past. You saved me and gave me a second chance. I can never thank you enough for that. You are a good guy with a great heart. I have confidence that you can accomplish anything with the people around. You and the team are like family to me and I gladly give my life to save all of you. Oh, and hurry up and ask star out. There is no hiding it anymore.

Starfire, you are like the sister I never had. You’re annoying, you’re girly, and you have the strength of a body builder. You always tried to pull me along into your earth experiences and I always pushed you away. Although, despite me saying all this, I'm so glad you were there. You helped me feel normal and gave me the friend I never suspected having. Thank you.

Cyborg, no matter what you think, you are just the same as everyone else. It doesn't matter what your made of, what matters is who you are. Your talent is what makes you special. Just because your body isn't 100% human, doesn't mean your any less of who you are. Your family to me. You are smart, strong, and kind. You stick up for your friends and you fight for what's right. Don't ever let yourself become any different.

Beast Boy, If your reading this then I'm sorry. I knew you were in my room while I learned the spell. I never should have let you stay. Don't blame my death on yourself, it's not your fault. There was nothing that you could have done that would have changed my mind. You have protected me in the past and I am grateful to you, but white done is done. Do yourself a favor. Live on, (and get some better jokes.)

This is goodbye, Thank you.

-RAVEN' '

"Raven......" He sat down on the bed and read the letter again, trying to process it all.

"She knew?...but.....why?" Beast Boy murmured as he looked at the small box.

Slowly setting down the letter, he opened up the box and gasp at what was inside.

He reached inside and pulled out a chain. As it came completely out, a small item connected to it glimmered in the small light.

Connected to the chain was a penny.

His ears dropped as he stared at it. It was the same one he gave her the last time she disappeared. Last time.......when she had to destroy the world.......last time when, she came back.

But this time.......she saved it..........so.......can she come back?

Beast Boy put the chain away and shook his head.

"No. Don't think like that."

"Think like what? And BB, why are you in Ravens room?"

Beast Boy jumped in surprise as Cyborg came peeking into the room.

"Huh what? What are you talking about? I'm not in Ravens room!" Beast Boy scratched his head as a sweat drop fell down.

"Uh.. BB, you kinda are." Cyborg raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"Uhh......" Beast Boy glanced around the room till he found the book he needed sitting by the door.

"Huh. Guess that explains why everything was dark." He smiled scratching his head, "Well best be going! Bye!"

Beast Boy ran past Cyborg grabbing the book before running to his room.

Cyborg watched his friend fly by him with something in his hand.

"What?" Cyborg scratched his head confused.

Shrugging his shoulders he turned to leave when he caught a glimpse of something.

"What’s this?" He bent down and picked up a chain from the ground.

"This BB's?" He thumbed the chain to where is showed the connected penny, and sighed, "Oh Beast Boy...."

Clutching the chain he walked away from Ravens door letting it shut close.

------

When Beast Boy was sure nobody came after him, he set the book down and opened the list and read the next line.

'Step 2: Open the book to page 478 and have a sorceress use the spell to open a portal.'

"Sorceress?" Beast Boy stared at the paper confused, "Where do I-? Wait a minute, I GOT IT!"

Quickly shoving the list into his pocket, he jumped up and transformed into a bird. He then picked up the book and flew outside of his room out into the city.

------

Someone banged loudly at the door.

"Kid? Who is it?" Jinx sat up with a groan as Austin jump off her and wagged his tail.

"Uhhhh........Beast Boy...." Replied Kid.

"What!?" Jinx ran over to the door to find Beast Boy holding a book.

"Jinx! I need your help!" He held the book out in front of him pleading.

Jinx glared at him, "No." she said before slamming the door shut in his face.

"Buuuuut Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinx!" Whined Beast Boy from the other side.

"Well that was kinda harsh." Said Kid as he scratched his head.

"Ya well........we agreed that's all we'll do so, my part is done." Jinx said stubbornly.

"Ok I understand, I won't make you do anything you don't feel comfortable doing." Kid said kissing her forehead.

Another bang on the door interrupted them and Jinx let out a sigh, "I guess I'll go chase him off."

She walked over and jerked open the door, "Beast Boy, go a-........Huh?" She looked around the empty entrance unaware of a little green fly buzzing by her.

"Huh. I guess he left." She stated as she turned around and shut the door.

"PLEEEEAASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

"AHHH!" Jinx jumped back against the door as Beast Boy begged on his knees in front of her.

"Hello, My names Loli."

"Jinx PLEASE! I just need you to- wait, is that a parrot!?" Beast Boy walked over to Loli completely distracted.

"Beast Boy......." Jinx growled, her eyes turning purple ready to use her Jinxing powers on him.

Kid just chuckled, "Oh come on Jinx. Helping him one more time isn't going to kill anyone." He kissed her cheek and hugged her from behind.

Jinx's eyes returned to normal as she slightly blushed from his touch.

"Alright fine." she huffed.

"That’s my girl." said Kid as he kissed her lips this time.

Jinx smiled at him, as Loli began her soon to be famous speech, "Kid loves Jinx! Jinx loves Kid! Kid loves Loli! Jinx loves Loli! Loli loves Kid! Loli loves Jinx!" a slight pause before, "And Austin!"

Austin let out a bark of approval as Loli finished and Beast Boy stood there with his mouth wide open.

"Dude! The bird just-DUUUUUUDE!? Gross!" Beast Boy turned around to see Kid and Jinx kissing and he quickly covered his eyes.

Kid laughed and Jinx rolled her eyes. Who cares what he thinks anyway.

"Alright Beast Boy, I'll help you. What do you need?" She asked him.

Beast Boy let out a grin, "Oh Thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!" He cheered as he hugged her.

"Careful Beast Boy, she can have a temper." Warned a cheerful Kid.

Beast Boy quickly backed off and covered his head.

After a second or two he looked up at Jinx who had her arms crossed.

Letting out a sigh, he striated up only to get zapped back down onto his butt.

"Ow!" He yelped, "You’re just like Raven." he frowned.

"Do you want my help or not?" asked Jinx.

"YES! I mean, please." He smiled.

"Aw look at that face Jinx. How could you say no to that?" Grinned Kid.

"Kid! Just- Go cook some pancakes or something." Replied Jinx.

"But it's like 4:30-"

"Pancakes!" Jinx yelled pointing at the kitchen.

Kid laughed before saying 'ok' and taking off into the kitchen.

"You!" Jinx pointed at Beast Boy, who flinched.

"Tell me what you need me to do."

Beast Boy nodded his head and pulled out the book and the letter. He then explained to her what he needed and gave her the book.

"I don't know Beast Boy." replied Jinx, "This may be a bit complex for me. I don't normally do spell casting."

"Please Jinx! You’re the only chance I've got!" Beast Boy begged.

Jinx let out a sigh, "You really want her back that bad?"

Beast Boy nodded his head.

Jinx let out another sigh.

"Alright, we can try it. But once you get where you’re going, I'm not sure if we can get you back." Jinx told him.

Beast Boy grinned, "For Raven, I'll take that chance."

Jinx nodded, "Ok then. Let’s go outside to do this."

Beast Boy jumped up and followed jinx out the door.

"You ready?" Jinx asked him.

Beast Boy gave her a thumbs up, "Ready as it gets."

Jinx nodded before chanting off the words in the book. She used her Jinxing powers as an energy source and within seconds a portal appeared in front of them.

"Better get going! I can't hold this open long!" Jinx yelled at him.

"Ok Thanks Jinx!" Beast Boy yelled back.

Putting the letter up, he took of running into the portal.

As soon as he got through, the portal closed and Jinx dropped to her knees in exhaustion.

"Jinx!" Kid ran out and helped her back up, "Are you alright?"

Jinx nodded, "Ya I'm fine. Just a bit tired."

Kid nodded in understanding, "In that case I'll carry you!" he grinned.

"Wait Kid! I can still walk!" Jinx said.

Kid didn't listen though. He picked her up bridal style and carried her back to the apartment with a smile on his face.

-----

Meanwhile, Beast Boy was looking around his new surroundings.

He was in a Desert.

"Awww Maaaan!" He grumbled, "How am I supposed to find Raven in a place like this!?"

************

Me: Well I guess I should just stop there for now.

Beast Boy: WHY ARE YOU LEAVING ME IN A STUPID DESERT!?

Me: Well you see.......What had happen was............ LOOK! TOFU MOUNTIAN! *points of into the distance."

Beast Boy: I'm not falling for that. *crosses arms*

Me: ok well the new monkey game you like, is set up in a stand over there. I heard the 1st few get it free. *crosses arms back*

Beast Boy: WHERE!? *turns to look*

Me: *runs away*

Beast Boy: I don't see..... *notices* HEY!! YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE ME HERE LONG!!! *chases*

Hope u guys enjoyed ^.^

-Diamond.