The Mistake

"Alright, remember to stay close." Raven said, "The caves will split up here and taking the wrong path could mean trouble."

"Got it" Beast Boy said.

It wasn't long after saying that they came to a big opening in the cave where it split to three different paths. In front of the paths was a statue of a strange beast.

"So cool." Beast Boy murmured as he gazed at the statue.

"This way." Raven said as she began walking down the left tunnel.

Beast Boys gaze was focused on the statue as Raven continued walking down the path.

"What's this?" Looking closer at the statue Beast boy saw something glimmering and tried to reach for it.

"Just a little further..." he mumbled as he reached further up the statue to grab the shiny object.

"Ah Ha!"

Boom!!

Beast Boys short lived victory was cut off by and explosion going off in the cave tunnels.

The explosion shook his surrounding and forced him on his back as dust floated around the air.

"Raven?!?!" Beast Boy chooked out between coughs.

"Raven where'd you go?" He gasped as he inhaled a mouth full of the dust and started looking around he tried to find the tunnel she had went through.

As the dust began to settle, Beast Boy heard a heart wrenching scream echo through one of the tunnels.

Before he could even think, his body sprung into motion as he rocketed down the tunnels towards the sound.

Rushing around a bend in the tunnel he was suddenly thrown back onto his butt as a magical shield blocked him from going any further.

On the other side was a scene that made every ounce of strength in him plummet to the ground.

Her green hair hung low over her face as the familiar girl was held to the wall by a spear pierced through her abdomen.

Tears fell down Beast Boys face and suddenly replaced with an unearthly rage that consumed his mind and soul.

Beast Boy, consumed by rage, suddenly burst through the barrier and sprinted all the way to the end of the tunnel where he found a gaurd.

The guards face turned stone white as he gazed in fear at Beast Boys transformation, but Beast Boys focus wasn't on the petrified human in front of him. No, his gaze was on the long pointed spear in the guards shaking hand.

The firey rage consumed him as he dashed at the gaurd, ripping his throat and then throwing his lifeless body across the opening to the other side.

A scream rang out in the area as Beast Boy slammed his fist into the ground.

Looking up, he saw a crowd of people, many of whom held weapons pointed at him and were shaking down to their very core.

Before Beast Boy could even think to stop himself, the rage took over and he ran at the group of people.

~~

Raven coughed as the dust settled around her.

She couldn't get back to where Beast Boy had been because the tunnel had caved in a sealed off the way she had came.

She just hoped Beast Boy wasn't still at the statue when the explosion went off. The explosion had been big enough that it could have shook out the halogen that the rebels had place in spots around the statue.