The Black Witch

"It is her!"

The crowd began to murmur with the occasional person yelling their agreement, but yet while the crowds began to stir more so than before, Beast Boy and Raven could do nothing else besides stare at each other.

It wasn't until another man grabbed her arm that their gaze was broken.

"I say we kill her as well and then send her body back!" He shouted.

Raven felt her throat lodge and it was suddenly hard to breath.

"No way! Then they'll really come after us!" another man said.

"We are already doomed anyway, why would we give them what they want?" a woman yelled from the back of the crowd.

The atmosphere began to feel tense as a huge argument erupted among the crowd.

A guard pulled Raven away from the man who had grabbed her and began walking Sunshine and her to where the council members and Beast Boy now stood.

One of the council members stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Black Witch, you and this Green Beast will be coming with us. The girl will remain here with one of our guards."

Raven pulled Sunshine close to her side again, guarding her with an arm. "My name is Raven, and his is Beast Boy." She said nodding towards Beast Boy, "This little girls name is Sunshine, and we will NOT be separating." Raven told him with a glare.

The man cleared his throat and took a step back. "Very well then, you three will follow us this way."

Raven grabbed Sunshines hand and began following them as Beast Boy gave her both an amazed but yet sad look.

"Raven, I-"

"Don't." Raven said cutting Beast Boy off, "Just don't..."

Beast Boy hung his head and stopped walking, causimg the rest of the group to stop as well.

A gaurd shoved him in the back to make him move, causing Beast boy to stumble, but he managed to stay up right and continued to stand still with his head held low.

The gaurd was about to shove him again when a small hand suddenly appear in front of him.

He looked back up to see Sunshine, who had let go of Ravens hand to stand in front of him.

"Come on Mister. It'll be okay. We are all together again so it'll be okay right?" She asked him with a small smile.

Beast Boy looked at the small girl in front of him. Her smile didn't shine as bright as it did when he had first met her. It was duller and had a flicker of sadness in it.

Rather than shining like the sun, the little girl seemed to be just a flame flickering in a dark room, struggling to stay lit.

Beast Boy had no clue what Sunshine had been through. What he wasn't able to save her from, and that tore at his heart.

Sunshine continued holding out her hand for him until he eventually shook off the thoughts that swirled in his mind and held out his chained hand to grab Sunshines hand.

"Yes." He told her as she let out a small sigh of relief.

Meanwhile, the whole time Raven kept her head turned away from the two until she felt a small hand grab hers again.

"There." Sunshine announced, "Now we are all together like we are supposed to be."

Raven looked down at the little girl. She didn't have the heart to tell her all that was most likely to come. She couldn't tell this little girl that this was about to get worse before it got better. So she gave her own small smile and gripped the little girls hand before looking up to see Beast Boy staring at her.