The Forgotten

Darkness was all that he saw. It was in his head and in his soul.
Darkness surrounded his every move and every thought.
He watched it curiously as it swirled around him.
This wasn't simple darkness. There was more to it.
It had emotion and feeling. It had thought and movement.
As he peered deeper into the darkness he let out a gasp.
For inside was a beautiful face.
A face full of past experience and pain, but it was also a face full of hope and kindness.
It was the face of the present and future.
He reached out to feel the face in darkness, but as his fingers got closer, the beautiful face disappeared. Leaving him alone, filled with wonder and curiosity.

~~~~~

Beast Boy slowly cracked his eyes open and flinched as bright light flooded his eye lids.

He let out a small groan as his whole body screamed in protest.

He sat up and rubbed his aching head, 'What a weird dream.' He thought to himself.

"Looks like your awake finally." A familiar voice replied.

Beast Boys eyes widened as Raven came into view.

"Raven!" He jumped up, ignoring the screaming pain his body was in and wrapped her up into a hug.

Shocked from the suddenness, Raven pushed him away hard enough to move him but light enough not to hurt him any worse.

"What are you doing?" She asked with a slightly shocked monotone.

"I've missed you so much Raven. We all thought you were dead, but Jinx said you were still alive so then I got really excited and came to find you. At first I was really worried, but now your here, right in front of me....alive." Beast Boy was so excited that he didn't recognize the confused face Raven was giving. It wasn't until she held up her hand that he stopped talking frantically.

"I'm sorry but who are you, and how do you know my name." She asked him.

Beast Boy froze in place.

This could not be happening.

"Raven....It's me...Beast Boy. Don't you remember me?" He look at her sadly.

"I'm sorry but I've never seen you in my life." She shook her head at him.

"But don't you remember the team? You know, the Teen Titans? You know, Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, me, and you?" He was practically pleading with her to remember.

Raven shook her head again. "I'm sorry, but I'm afriad I'm not the person your thinking I am."

Beast Boy let out a heart breaking sigh and plopped down on to the ground. Mr. Smith (Sunman) had said this would probably happen, but Beast Boy was hoping otherwise.

"Well, since you seem to be better now, I'll just be leaveing." Raven said.

Beast Boys eyes widened as he suddenly jumped up and grabbed her.

"NO! I mean...... wait." Raven glared at him until he let go and then fixed her cloak when he quickly released.

"Look, I understand that you don't remember me and you don't remember any of the others." Beast Boy took a deep breath and looked into her eyes, "But I believe you are the Raven I know and I've already lost you once and I'd be crazy if I let you go again." he told her firmly.

Raven waited for him to finish.

"Please Raven, don't leave me again. I can help you remember. I don't know how, but I can try."

"What if I don't want to rememeber?" Raven asked him.

Beast Boy became quiet and looked down, away from her eyes.