The Cloaked Girl

Beast Boy stared in shock as Sunshine moved yet another piece to his end.

They had started to play Checkers after having played a memory game and
Sorry. So far Sunshine had kicked his butt in everything they played this one being no exception.

Beast Boy scratched his head, "Ummmmm....." He only had 4 pieces remaining while Sunshine had all of hers and 6 of them were kings.

"Oh!" Beast Boy picked up a piece and moved it forward happily.

Sunshine laughed, "I win!" she cheered as she moved one of her kings and jumped all his pieces in one move.

"NOO!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR! Aw maaan...." Beast Boy pouted.

Sunshine laughed, "Come on mister, lets play another!" she jumped up an started going through the boxes until Smith stopped her.

"No I think that's enough for today. It's your bed time and I believe I still need to speak with our guest some more."

"Awww ok. Goodnight mister!" Sunshine jumped up and hugged Beast Boy who was shocked from the suddenness.

"Uhhh. Ya um night." Beast Boy said awkwardly.

Sunshine giggled before turning to Mr. Smith.

"Night Sun man!" She said before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Smith chuckled, "Goodnight sweet heart. Be sure to get lots of sleep."

Sunshine smiled, "Ok! and uh Sun Man?...." She looked at him seriously.

"Yes Sunshine?" He looked at her smiling.

"Umm....Could you maybe.....let the sun come up faster? So I can play with my friend again?" She asked him nervously.

Smith chuckled, "We'll see Sunshine, But maybe I can make an exception to my favorite girl." he winked at her.

Sunshines face lit up as she smiled at him. "Thank you!" she cheered happily as she hugged him.

Smith chuckled as she ran over to the room where the beds were.

"That girl will surprise you everytime." He stated outloud.

"Ya, how old is she anyway?" Beast Boy questioned.

"Not sure exactly. We found her out in the desert lost but other than that she was perfectly fine. No sun burns, no water nor food, she wasn't even wearing protective clothing. We assume she came from one of the Northeast Mountains because of her accent and skin tone. As for age, we're not sure. We assume her to be around 4 but her intelligence and the fact she survived the desert says otherwise." Smith said.

"So you guys don't really know much about her then." Beast Boy stated.

"We don't really need too. She has become like family in this little group of ours and sometimes you just don't question a families trust." Smith replied back.

"I think....I understand." Beast Boy thought back to Raven when they were all at the tower. He always wondered why she was so different and why she did the things she did, but in the end.....There was still trust.

"So anyway, how about we talk about your little disappearing friend."

"Huh? Oh yes! I mean, please." Beast Boy grinned.

Smith chuckled, "A bit eager are we?"

"Uh.... ya.." Beat Boy mumbled, "She's been gone for a while and we've missed her."

"We? Who's we?" Smith asked.

"My team. We are the Teen Titans, but we haven't been the same since well you know." Beast Boy explained.