1

Bidding goodbye to the dark night sky,  the morning sunshine penetrated through the pink tinted windows, painting a pink hue on the couple entwined in each others embrace.

The hue may not be strong enough to wake a little sleeping angel, but definitely did disturb the well-built man who had his arms wrapped around her waist, gently tucked beneath her t-shirt.

His eyelids opened to find his ladylove, sleep peacefully in his embrace. A small smile etched on her face, while little mummers of disturbance left her mouth.

It was no lie that Aravind was watching her in disbelief. It was safe to say this had become a part of his morning routine. 

It is close to surreal for him to have Sivaanya in his arms. It was 'her' who made flowers bloom in his desert like life.  It was 'her' who became his blanket when life was nothing but a cold winter night. It was 'her' who taught him how to love.

No wonder, he ever so endearingly calls her 'maa'. For the innocent 8 year old, who lost his parents, she was his mother, father, aunt, sister and possibly every relation in his life. Even though, the world would only call her with the address of his 'wife'.

He soon realised he had been admiring her for the past 10 minutes and it was time to wake up for the day, else he was confident Sivaanya's tummy would wage war against him. 

Aravind slowly untangled himself from Sivaanya and placed a pillow for her to cuddle.

Completing his morning cleaning ritual, he quickly whipped up some pancakes and poured 2 glasses of juice.

Without wasting a minute, he ran upstairs to wake Sivaanya up.

Her petite figure was crushed as he laid on top of her, careful enough to not put his entire body weight. He began peppering little cheek kisses, while repeating his favourite morning chant.

"Sivu maa, eluntiru!" "Eluntiru" "Wake up" "Eluntiru di" "Get up" "Eluntiruuuu"

Sivaanya tried her best to avoid those repetitive wake up chants, and attempted to turn around and sleep. Her attempt failed though as his weight stopped her from moving. Without any choice, she finally woke up to see his charming and smiling face.

It was safe to say she didn't regret waking up at all. 

"Good Morning Aravindey!" She said, smiling brightly; although her eyes struggled to completely open. 

He quickly collapsed on the bed, after completing what he could safely say the most difficult task in his morning routine: waking Sivaanya up.

He gave her a little peck on her lip before whispering: "Good Morning Maa!"

"Smart aita, Aravindey! Ippo na thirumba kodathunu mela weight podra. En kooda irunthu nee ippo oru brilliant fellow aita."

(You become smart, Aravindey. You applied your weight to ensure I don't turn and sleep again. The time you spent with me has made you smart)

"Pinna! Ella experience ma, experience. It's not an easy task to wake you up. Kathi padathala vara Vijay padira blueprint lam podanu."

(Of course! It's all experience. I need to plan an entire blueprint like Vijay in the film Kaathi)

"You enjoy it, though! You get to shower as many kisses as you want. Now, I smell pancakes so I'm 10 times hungrier. Carry me to the washroom, you peasant."

"Of course! Anything for my princess"

And just like that, he carried her to the washroom and brought her down to the table, before the both of them began feeding each other some delicious pancakes. 

"Aravindey, salary credit ayurcha?"
( Did you get your salary?)

"Credit ayurchu, ma! I took aside 5000 and kept it for your final year. Another 5000 for savings. I also put another 5000 for FD and 2000 in our kid account. We are left with 33000."

"Does your company have any plans of raising your salary? It was 80000 before Covid."

"Ila ma, company hasn't bounced back to pre covid situation. Is it getting difficult to manage things? Sorry ma"

"Aiyoo, don't start to get guilty again. I just asked because you deserve more as a MBA graduate. I am happier now with you, than what I was in that rich household"

"Aravindey, we need to go grocery shopping. We don't have salt at home."

"Oh yes, we are also out of Sanitary Napkins for you. Let's make a list now. You go grocery shopping and I'll visit your college for your admission purposes. It's only the last semester and we have saved enough for it."

In no time, the couple parted ways to complete their tasks for the day. 

××××
Hello 👋.
I really hope you all enjoy this book. Please leave in your valuable feedback and comments.

Lots of love ❤️