24

Sivaanya meticulously woke up at 4 am to gear up for Aravind's first day at work. When her alarm rang, the first instinct of her body was to whine at the loss of her usual source of warmth. She realized that Aravind must be awake, so she absently entered the washroom just to let out a loud scream when she saw Aravind enjoying himself under the shower. Startled at her loud scream, Aravind almost slipped and fell before he composed himself. 

"Yen ma kathura, just miss! Ilana avlothan, yen manda pochu!"

"Nee yen ipo shower panrey! Ne ellam mudichu irupa-nu, na ulla vanten!"

"Seri vanthuta, senthu kulikalam- va! Join me.. paru na speaker koda vachiruken!"

"Romba thanks! Na kalamburen! Nee jolly-a kulichutu va!" she said and attempted to leave, before he turned the shower in her direction, drenching her clothes and carried her to the shower space. 

Sivu took her time to get dressed, meanwhile Aravind wore his joggers and left to the kitchen. He was chopping the vegetables when Sivaanya entered the kitchen. She grabbed the onions from him and began working on it, allowing him to quickly boil some pasta and chop the other vegetables. 

She tried her level best to keep her concentration limited to the onions, however his shirtless presence did not really help her attempt. His muscles flexed as he continued working in the kitchen. His messy hair along with his broad shoulders were a sight to her sore eyes. Feeling her gawking at him, he smirked and smiled, before initiating a little tease. 

"Like what you see? Pudichuruka na sollu, inimey epdi suthuren!" he said, smirking at her. It made her quickly divert her eyes to the onion, hiding the pink hue that grew on her cheeks. 

While he was sautéing the veggies, Sivu sat on the counter top and called for his attention. 

"I know you are really excited about this new venture, and I am just as excited. Something has been running in the back of my mind and I wanted to speak to you about it. I'm sorry, if this is not the right time. I spent the past 2 years with you and we were together for almost every hour of the day. We have had ample of time to communicate with each other, and solve any disagreements before it got very big. Now, we might not have that time with each other. The true beauty of our relationship according to me is that we talk with each other and never go to bed unhappy. So, no matter how tired you are or if you come home really late, please let us not ignore our night hot chocolate sessions. Even if it is three in the morning, let's spend some time with each other before we call it a day." she spoke, and shifted her gaze to the floor , uncertain if she used the right words. 

He placed the stove in simmer, before cupping her face and lifting it to meet his line of sight. He placed a kiss on her forehead, and began speaking while caressing her cheeks with his thumb. 

"Never apologize for speaking your heart! Sivaanya ma, always remember you and us will be my priority. Will we able to speak as much as we used to? Definitely not! But those midnight or early morning sessions we have in the balcony with a warm cup of hot chocolate, while we snuggle in each others embrace - I wouldn't give that up for anything. I am confident I will lose track somewhere but fight with me and get me back on track. You are aware of how terrible my work life balance is. I had no one to come home to, so an extra hour or two in front of the system never made a difference. When I worked in the restaurant, you were with me so we would leave together. Now, that I am working again, I will find it very hard to strike that balance because now I have you to come home to. I'll try my level best to not screw it all up, but please don't give up on me!" 

"Seri okay! Un brain epo lam malfunction avadho, apo enoda excess arivu tharen! Ana two or three chances than, aprom first sofa next corridor."

"Seriyana vayadi!" he said, laughing before placing a small peck on her lips.