9

A purple hue lit the room, as the first beam of sunlight penetrated through the window frame and tightly drawn blinds.  The sudden stroke of light and warmth disturbed Sivaanya's slumber, as she blinked her eyes a few times to get used to this sudden brightness.

Her thick, curly hair was almost untamable and had set lose from the captivity of the black hair tie, resting on her face. Putting it all into a bun, her vision finally fell on the grown child cocooned in her embrace.

Her lips stretched to a wide smile. The 5ft 11 figure looked tiny as he laid snuggled in her chest, legs folded probably because his legs could go beyond the frame if left straight. His hands tightly wrapped around her waist, while little snores were being emitted.

"Epdi thungum podhu koda azhaga irukan?"

She decided to wake him up, so they could get some exercise together. Her attempts to wake him up by calling out his name turned out to be futile.  She began aggressively tapping on his waist which made him move in his sleep. His little movements pushed her t-shirt up, making him snuggle deeper into her bare stomach. 

It felt like a flutter of butterflies were let loose in her stomach, before she thought "evanuku mattum epdi ellam avan favour-la nadakudhu." She felt that jittery felling arouse again when he brushed his overgrown beard against her skin. 

As her last resort to wake him up, she began placing loud kisses on his head; just to receive a few in return on her stomach, tickling her. He peeked out from her stomach, looking at her with squinted eyes and a sheepish smile. 

"Intha kiss-a first kuduthirukkanum, intha time-ku kulichitey vandurukalam. Time waste!" he spoke, shaking his head in disappointment. 

She glared at him but he could strongly argue that she just became cuter, before smacking him with the pillow. 

"Eyy! Purshan-a morning adicha kadavul punishment kuduparu."

"Ooh! Appo afternoon and evening oru pathu adi eniku confirm. Ippo Mr.Purshan wake up, ila afternoon sapadu-la vessam vachuruven."

"Un kaila vessam kudatha koda one second la saptruven, ma!" 

Giving up, she dragged him to the washroom, as they started their morning routine together. 

"Aravind, unoda beard-a konjum trim pannu. Harry Potter-la varra thatha beard mari iruku. Ana full-a remove panadha apo nalla milk bun mari irupa."

She thought for a second, before her eyes shinned. Aravind knew she was now up to something, and that he had to escape, but it was too late. 

"Aravind, na shave pani viduran. Na reels-la pathan oru akka than avanga husband-ku pani vitanga."

"Anda akka-ku panna theriyum, unaku...." he let his nervous laugh fill in the blanks. 

"Na panna kodiya alu than. Sivaanya-vey nambinor kai vida padar!" she said, reaching out for his shaving pouch; after sitting on the counter. 

"Ama, first enna pananum? Cream-a apply pannava?" she asked in doubt, making him open his eyes wide open.

"Aravind, intha bathroom-a, Sivaanya-a nalla pathuko, innuku than last time pola. Inime heaven-la iruka white fog mattum than nee pakapora." he thought, internally praying to all gods to extend his life time. 

"Sivu, namma rendu perukum ipo than kalyanam agi 6 months achu, na innum 100 years-ku plan vachiruken. Ippo ne proceed panna 100 minutes koda doubt than. Intha idea-vey vitudu."

"Unoda uyir-ku na guarantee!" she said, a proud beam on her face.

"First, hot water towel use pannu, aprom shaving cream-a apply pannu antha brush-a use pani."

Following his instructions, she successfully finished the prep and took the razor after cleaning it. 

"Okay! Aadu ready paniyachu, ippo konudalam! YAY!" he thought to himself, after seeing her spin the razor in her hand. 

"Aravind, down to up thana? Sideways ponna cut aidumla. Parru enaku evlo knowledge in this matter-nu."

"Romba perumaya irruku! En pondatti arivu apdey kotuthu. Iru oru bucket-la excess arivu la pudichukuren."

"Cholesterol konjam jasti iruku! Blood test ku konjam blood edukulam-nu iruken. Ne enna neikurey, edukava?" she said, tapping the razor in her hand; making him shut his lip tight and raise his hand in surrender. 

As she took the razor towards his neck, she laughed seeing him tightly hold his palm; while leaning back trying his best to avoid the razor. Jumping down from the counter, she shook his shoulders to bring him back to reality.

"Kavala padathey! Oru rendu or moonu purshan irunda, ipdi risk edukalam. Ennaku onu than iruku, so itha risk venam. Shave panitu va!" she broke his thoughts, leaving the room.

"En safety kaga, I'll ensure kadasi varikum unaku na mattum than husband." he yelled out loudly, hearing her giggle in response and continued shaving. 

The duo completed their breakfast together with Aravind refusing to eat more than a few bites, and Sivu convincing him to finish at least few pieces more. She was glad that he was making efforts to bring back everything to the way it was, and could see how much of a difference opening up made. 

The ringing of the door bell brought the couple back to their senses, as they were too involved in the show they were watching. Of course, the ringing was for the sake of it, as 2 figures barged in before the couple could open the door. 

Aravind and Sivaanya sat up from their seats in excitement, as they saw Pugazh and Rakshan. Before they could greet them, one ran into the kitchen to get a dosa turner/ spatula while the other went to the bedroom to get a pillow. 

The pair got to the living room and stayed silent for few second, leaving Aravind in confusion but Sivu understood where this was going and went away from the situation to ensure maximum protection for injuries. 

Feeling extra naughty and excited to see the happening, she loudly yelled: "round one! starts in 3...2...1"

Just on cue, Pugazh and Rakshan began beating up the man in front of them who undoubtedly looked like a clown, making various unique poses in an attempt to dodge the attacks. The sight provided unlimited entertainment for Sivu, as her laughter just got louder as she heard their words. 

"Paithyam, phone eduka matta!"
"Eruma, message-um pakka matta!"
"5ft 11 inch ku height than, arivu 5 mm koda ila!"

"Ma, kapathu please!" he pleaded, just to be shocked by her reply which included requesting her brothers to give few more shots on her behalf.

The duo stopped after few mins, and broke into a series of loud laughter after seeing Aravind display his puppy eyes, accompanying it with a sorry. Sivu, who was a bit away from the trio, admired them with a small smile on her face, while her eyes shined in love and admiration, looking at her husband who was all smiles, making his little dimple appear. 

It was as if his genuine smile after days had put her into an enchantment spell, as she slowly walked forward and stood in front of him. It brought chuckles to halt. The height difference between them clearly evident, as he bent down to her level, raising his eyebrows in question. 

Slowly, leaning forward, she placed a little peck on his dimples, that went in deeper this time around, while a stroke of pink painted his cheeks. Looking at him, in the eye, she whispered in her husky voice: "azhaga iruku siricha! Naraya siri!" 

Grabbing her bag, she left the house after yelling out to the boys to enjoy with their girlfriend. And that's when Aravind noticed the play station connected to the television. 

His large palms covered his face, as her actions just began settling into him. The duo around him heard a laugh from their friend, who they thought needed immediate medical attention. Moving his palm away, he cupped Rakshan's face whispering "unoda thangachi enna paithyam akura, da!" and placed a kiss on his cheek, before hoping towards the television to switch on the game. 

Pugazh and Rakshan blinked their eyes in sync, and said "okay, mental hospital-la admission potudulam, after looking at each other in disbelief. 

xxx
Hello 👋
Double update?
Lots of love ❤️